Someone told me today that I'm, "one determined lady." And I guess that's true.
I do feel very determined. I'm determined because I want more of this. Every day I feel better. I have more energy. I move with so much greater ease without getting winded. I look better. I actually wore a pair of jeans the other day for the first time in many years...literally. And I almost passed these jeans by without getting to wear them at all...they're really baggy. I'll wear them a time or two and then they'll be joining my cast-offs in the Goodwill bag.
I want more of this. I'm greedy for it. I want it more than I want any kind of food I can think of. I feel urgent about it. I feel desperate for more of this. I've wasted so much time. And there are so many possibilities ahead of me that I dared not dream of before. But I'm starting to dream...how amazing.
My big realization for the day is that I really don't have a track record of yo-yo dieting. I gained weight with each of my four pregnancies, and then I just gradually gained more and more. I've been on dozens and dozens of diets over the years, but I never stuck with any of them long enough to lose more than a very few pounds here and there. And most of the time I didn't lose anything at all. I didn't have the willpower or discipline to stay the course. I let the head stuff sabotage me every single time. I wasn't determined.
But I am now. I'm navigating these uncharted waters and I can't wait to see what's around the bend.
1,025 calories today, water, water everywhere, and lots of walking on this beautiful fall evening.
Hope your day was filled with joy and contentment...I know mine was, and tomorrow I want more of the same.
God bless...
Onward and downward!
ReplyDelete(With determination!)