Another good day in the rearview mirror!
But lest I get too over-confident, I just had a great laugh at my own expense! To set this up, I need to tell you about Amy. Amy's also doing this weight loss thing and from the very beginning of this blog, she and I just clicked. I appreciate her support, but more than that, I appreciate her friendship.
Amy is totally rockin' the whole exercise thing, but struggles more with food temptations. I'm totally in control where food is concerned, but exercise is a completely different story.
So this morning Amy and I threw out a challenge to each other. I suggested that every time she was tempted today to eat something that she would feel bad about afterward, she was to invoke Philippians 4:13 (we also share a deep faith so I knew that would resonate with her.)
And she challenged me to ride the bike today for 30 minutes, and do 10 minutes of toning exercises. She even gave me some exercise suggestions that would be easy on my knees...crunches, leg lifts, wall push-ups, and curls using the big elastic band thingy.
No problem, right? Well...not exactly. 30 minutes on the bike was no problem. But the other stuff? I'm still laughing!! I barely eeked out 20 crunches and after 17 leg lifts I wanted to die!! I technically did the 10 minutes required to meet the challenge if you count the amount of time that I laid there groaning, and the amount of time it took to get up off the floor! Sheesh!!
So back to earth. Boy, I've got a long way to go!! I appreciate the challenge, and it will probably take me a few days to get there. But get there, I will. There, and then some!
I also had some really great feedback today about this path I'm on. I know that I'm blogging for me, and it takes discipline to get on here every night and honestly convey what's going on in my journey and in my head. Sometimes I really struggle with it...but invariably some semi-coherent thoughts emerge and I fulfill this step of accountability, and I generally learn something about myself in the process.
So this blogging has been very good for me, but it's total serendipity when I find out that I've been able to inspire people who I care about. I heard from a friend today who's been following along, and though she doesn't need to lose weight, she said she has found the inspiration to take on a different kind of challenge that she desires to achieve. I so love to hear that! And you know what? She's totally gonna do it!
So...all in all a good day. 1,425 calories, 80 oz. of water, and definitely some good exercise. (Hope I can walk tomorrow!!)
Until tomorrow, God bless...
Now I'm totally laughing out loud!! Not at you, of course...but with you!It's just so funny the way you described it. :) And believe me, I have days just like that.
ReplyDeleteMy sister and I were doing pushup's a few days ago and thankfully we had the gym to ourselves. She said I sounded like I was giving birth, groaning, trying to get one more push up done. lol.
Anyway...I'm glad we challenged each other, and yes, you WILL get there! :)
Hey, 30 minutes on the bike is great. Yeah you and Amy. Nice to have a true online friend to challenge you along.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to both you and Amy for continuing to look for the motivation it will take you to ROCK IT! I'm sure as you continue to do those toning exercises, you will build up your strength and endurance and you won't resemble the "BIG BAD WOLF" so much ... huffing and puffing.
ReplyDelete~Sheilah