We just got home from a really fantastic weekend!
The race at Kentucky Speedway was all we hoped it would be. Dario didn't win, but he gained some points in the championship race. My next favorite driver, Helio Castroneves did win, though! It was an exciting race, a beautiful night, and a really nice track. We'd go back again any time!
On the way home, we stopped at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky. Bill has been wanting to go there for some time and when we realized how close we were, it was a no-brainer. It is a really interesting place and we got a lot out of it. I was afraid it was going to be cheesy, but the exhibits were really well-done and the theater presentations were incredibly high-tech.
No problem at all with food on this trip. We ended up having two meals each day, and making good choices was a piece of cake (not literally!) I was actually under 1,000 calories each day. Bill wanted to go to Bob Evans this morning for breakfast which worried me a little, but they had a section of their menu called "fit from the farm" that included calorie values. I had a veggie omelet with fresh fruit for 287 calories.
Lots of walking, but very little water the last couple days...couldn't afford the time for all those bathroom stops! I'll start getting hydrated again tomorrow.
Glad to be home, and I look forward to catching up on all your blogs tomorrow. Will also be weighing in tomorrow...I'll let ya know what the scale has to say.
Good night and God bless...
Glad you had such a good weekend...at the race, with Bill, and on your food choices! Get some rest, drink some water, and I'll "see" you tomorrow after your weigh in! :)
ReplyDeleteGood going, Karyn, a fun weekend and great food choices. Double bonus.
ReplyDelete