Below is my favorite driver, Dario Franchitti. He's in second place for the championship, with only three races to go! Dario's also married to actress Ashley Judd, and she often accompanies her husband to his races. Any fans out there who will be watching the race on Versus tomorrow night?
While I'm excited about the race, this weekend will present my first real food challenge. We'll be walking a lot at the track, and should be home in time on Sunday to do some riding, so I'm not concerned about the whole exercise thing. But eating is another story.
I'll bring some fruit and string cheese to have on hand, and hope that we'll be able to stop at places with some good choices on the menu. My food journal spreadsheet has a sheet with calorie values for a whole bunch of menu items from a whole bunch of different places. So as long as we run into some of them, I should be good.
So Stephanie (I'm My Favorite) gave me a blog award today. ;-) (Thanks, Stephanie!)
I'm supposed to state 10 things that I like, and then pass this award on to 10 other blogs. I'll do the first part now, but will probably not be able to do the second part until I get back Sunday evening.
So here are 10 things that I like (excluding God, family, and friends, which goes without saying!)
- Alfred Hitchcock movies
- Dunkin' Donuts coffee
- Indy car racing
- Family fun night
- A good night's sleep
- Traveling (anywhere, anytime)
- The U.S. military
- Thunderstorms
- Watermelon with salt
- Stephan King novels
For those of you who are praying folk, I wonder if you'd keep my sister and her husband in your prayers tonight. Bandit, their 11-year-old boxer, was hit by a car last night and died a short time later. My sister was there when it happened, and she's having a very difficult time getting the horror of it out of her mind.
I'm praying that God would grant them peace and comfort, and that He would fill their minds with fond memories of all the wonderful times with their loving pet.
Thanks, and God bless...


Not a race fan...but I bet my 10 year old son would love to come with you. :)
ReplyDeleteI have no doubt that you'll do great this weekend finding good food choices! Subway is always one of my to picks.
And thanks for the reminder about the blog award...I need to post it tomorrow...it's too late to get to it tonight. :)
Have a great weekend, Karyn!
Thanks........
ReplyDeleteHave a great and safe trip.
you'll probably find that it's not as hard with the food choices as you think. You're too far into this and it's still at an exciting stage for you that, that alone will make it easier.
Love always
Enjoy the race...and I'm thinking about your sister.
ReplyDelete