Monday, September 13, 2010

Broken Record on Day 62

So as it turns out, I actually did a pretty good job of buying some classic clothes over the years. When I pulled out some of the things I have packed away, I found out that I've got some basic blouses in a variety of sizes that will work out OK as I continue to lose weight. There were also some nice blazers that will be good over the winter, and I think there's even one or two possibilities for my nephew's wedding in October. Maybe by next fall, there will be a big shopping spree in my future. I usually hate shopping, but I'm kinda looking forward to the possibilities. For sure I'll be needing a lot of advice when the time comes!

I've had another really good day today...especially with food. Honestly, for something that's been such a struggle in the past, it just hasn't been so far.

I used to make things hard on my husband when I'd diet because I just couldn't have tempting foods around.  He's 6'4" and 180 lbs. soaking wet with a very active job, so he definitely doesn't have to count calories.  He eats pretty healthy, but he does like his desserts. He made a beautiful carrot cake with cream cheese frosting several days ago, and he enjoys one nice size piece per day. I think that's part of the reason he's always been thin...he understands the meaning of the word "moderation."

I LOVE carrot cake, but it seriously hasn't even been a temptation for me. Not even a little bit. Bill's at work and it's sitting there one room away, and it's not even under lock and key.  It doesn't need to be. The pizza at work last week was probably the biggest challenge that I've faced so far, but it really and truly wasn't that much of a struggle to get in the car and get something else for lunch.

I feel kinda guilty throwing that out here because I know some of the people reading this are not having the same kind of experience.  But I include it for a couple of reasons.  First, this is my journal and I need to keep an honest log of what's going on along the way. 

But second, I include it as an encouragement.  Like I said, this is not at all typical for me. It's always been difficult to say no in the past. Whether bored, or stressed, or tired, or anxious, or happy, or whatever...I'd always respond to those emotions with food, and way too much of it to boot.

But not this time around.  It can be done...so far, so good.

I also did more walking today.  I use the stairs going down at work all the time now.  And twice today I used them going up. My knees weren't overjoyed with the idea, but it is definitely getting easier. 

Kinda slacked off on the water today because I got tied up in my work and didn't think about it like I should.  So I'm just finishing off the 3rd 16 oz. bottle since I got home at 5:00.  I don't like drinking so much so late but that's what poor planning got me this time.

And oh yeah...today was weigh day.  3 more lbs. gone this week...31 lbs. to date. ;-)

I'll go to bed tonight thanking God for my many blessings, as I always do. And I'll ask Him once again for the strength and resolve to face tomorrow's challenges in a way that honors Him.

Good night and God bless...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Karen, you had another great weigh-in! I'm one of those that are struggling right now. I can't speak for others, but I am happy to hear of your successes and would never want you to feel any guilt about sharing your joy. You deserve it! I'm glad you're having an easier (I know this is never easy) time at it now. Do you have any idea why? Where's your strength coming from this time? You are an inspiration that this can be done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tammy...Thanks for the encouragement! I was actually just reading your latest post when you commented here. Serendipity!! I posted a response over on your blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great week, Karyn! You are SO doing this!
    I forgot to post about my weigh-in. I'm kind of scared to trust my scale. It shocked me this morning...so don't know...
    And back to your post...please don't apologize for sharing your success in the food area. It is an inspiration to me! I think of you...and I read the verse hanging on my fridge...everytime I'm tempted to eat something I know I don't need to...especially for the wrong reasons.
    Please keep sharing and being honest! It's something I need to hear on a regular basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm the OTHER Tammy, lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog, even if it wasn't the one you were looking for! Nice to meet you, and congrats on 31 lbs down so far!! I'm happy to read that you're not struggling as much this time around....that is such good news! :)

    ReplyDelete