Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good Morning! (Day 71 - Part 1)

It is a good one so far! A million things to get done, but I'm taking a deep breath and tackling one thing at a time.

A book I ordered came last night...A Woman of Moderation: Breaking the Chains of Poor Eating Habits by Dee Brestin.  My friend, Amy, mentioned this book a little while ago and we decided to go through it, and I think Zobolini might be joining us.  I'm really looking forward to doing this study.  I believe that in order for the changes I've been making to end up a permanent part of my life, the chains need to truly be broken.

I also got a book I ordered by Ted Dekker, Immanuel's Veins.  Dekker is a Christian fiction author who writes books that can be classified as dark, supernatural suspense thrillers that metaphorically explore faith. This one looks like his usual good vs. evil, but more along the lines of a fantasy thriller with historical romance undertones. Looking forward to it!

Hope your day's off to a good start!

2 comments:

  1. The books sound good - I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have you looked through the book yet? What do you think so far?

    I've read a few Ted Dekker books. I'll have to request that one from the library. :)

    ReplyDelete