Friday, October 1, 2010

Fantasy Becomes Reality (Day 80)

Where the heck did September go??  I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then we'll be ringing in 2011!

I believe that 2011 will go down in my memory banks as one of my favorite years ever.  Some of my favorites include the year Bill and I got married, the year each of our children and grandchildren were born, and the year Bill and I started again.  There have been weddings, and funerals, and anniversaries...times of celebration and times of remembrance. 

2011 will rank right up there, because it will be the year that I win the battle of the bulge. Not maybe, not I hope, but I will.

I have this fantasy. It involves me in a drop-dead gorgeous red dress, dancing with my prince charming to "Lady in Red." Mark my words.  Next Christmas, fantasy becomes reality. And I'll have the pictures to prove it.

1,010 calories today.  There was alot of up and down the stairs at work today getting ready for the weekend.  Took the stairs down, and yes, I took the stairs up.  It's getting easier every day.  

The weekend looks to be busy and full. It's starting out fantastic because we're having a sleepover with our favorite little princess.  Nora is an adorable one-year-old chatterbox genius! This kid is so smart!  Her favorite things in the world are books.  She spent an hour tonight bringing me books and holding up her arms until I picked her up and read them to her.  When I'd finish, she'd turn back to the first page and shove the book at me again.  I probably read the same 3 or 4 books a couple dozen times before bedtime.

She's asleep now, so Bill will have to wait until the morning to enjoy the pleasure of her company.

I'm going to go pick up her toys and turn on the porch light for my guy.  Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

God bless...

5 comments:

  1. Karyn - what a beautiful picture you have painted. I have always loved that song. I'm sure all the soaps used it, but at the time I was big into Days of Our Lives with Patch and Kayla. Every time I hear 'Lady in Red' I think of them. You are doing so well, I know you can make your dreams a reality in 2011.

    Nora sounds darling! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loves me a kid who loves 'er some books! How wonderful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karyn,

    I love that song, too. Next year at this time we can all look back and see the huge amount of progress we've made and how far we've come.

    A newly favorite quote is: "A year from now you'll wish you had started today".

    I'd love to join you and Amy. Just let me know the details. My email is: perruchee1@yahoo.com or you can leave a message on my blog.

    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you anxious to start shopping for that dress now. To pick out a style, cut or shade of red?

    I remember those days of reading to the little ones and hearing ... again!!!

    Have a great weekend. It's a dreary overcast day here but I'm finding my own sunshine.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, Karyn. Bring on 2011, but slow it down a bit, right? Ohhh, The Lady in Red...sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete