Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Brand New Palate (Day 77)

I really, really love the way I'm eating now.  I'm eating more slowly, and I really enjoy my food choices.

I used to drink a lot of diet soda.  For the past couple of weeks, I've cut down to one diet coke at lunch during the work week.  And on the weekend, I only have diet soda if we go out to eat.  This gives me more room for water, and I find that I'm actually craving more water every day. It's the first thing I reach for in the morning.

I also hardly ever pick up the salt shaker any more.  That's really huge for me.  I used to add salt to just about everything.  But today, I didn't even salt my eggs this morning.  And I didn't even miss it. They were actually quite delicious. I'm thinking that my palate is adjusting to my new choices.

According to my food journal, I haven't had Wendy's chili since last Friday.  I think I'm gonna be OK. ;-)  I may indulge every once in a while because it's a good calorie choice and I do love it, but now that I know how much sodium it contains, I just can't keep eating it on a regular basis.  That bit of new knowledge has pretty much ruined it for me.

I had a great sandwich for lunch today instead.  I made it with a whole wheat sandwich thin, 4 oz. of low sodium turkey breast, a thick slice of tomato, and a slice of Swiss cheese.  290 calories and absolutely delicious!  I added a plum and was completely satisfied.

Dinner was 180 calories of fabulous scallops with 12 asparagus spears for 25 calories.  No salt added and I was content and happy.

1,100 calories today, and Bill just got home and asked me if I would like to join him and have a glass of wine.  That's a definite affirmative, folks.

So good night and God bless...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing fabulous! Indulgences are the key to enjoyment and making allowances and budgets for them is the key to success. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete