So here I am wrapping up a lovely Sunday.
Bill and I pretty much accomplished everything we set out to do. We visited with my aunt at the nursing home this morning. She'll be celebrating her 95th birthday in October. Most of those years were spent in very good health with nary a complaint. It's only been the last few years that have really taken a toll. She's not strong enough now to do much for herself, and there is quite a bit of mental confusion these days. Sad, really, though she's been blessed with a good, long life.
In the afternoon, we watched the indycar race, and the Chicago Bears surprised us with a win against the Dallas Cowboys. 2-0 so far. Didn't see THAT coming!!
Then I did some work on the computer and Bill decided to wax his car and get it ready for winter. He did my car last weekend, so we're good to go.
And now we're over at Becca and Adam's babysitting for Nora. She's down for the count, sleeping like an angel. Bill's reading Clarence Thomas' autobiography, and I'm working on some projects and completing tonight's blogging assignment.
I like this peaceful, comfortable time that we're sharing together. No mindless TV tonight and no food indulgences. Just good control and quiet contentment.
I really got in no exercise to speak of today, and I'll probably get home too late to ride the bike. So it truly turned out to be a day of rest. I actuallly think that's a good thing.
Food was excellent today...completely according to plan. 80+ ounces of water rounds out a day of good choices all around.
And tomorrow brings the start of a very busy week. It's also weigh day, and I'm so surprised how I look forward to that. So far, all my hard work has been rewarded with a good number on the scale, and I'm hoping that tomorrow will be the same.
Sleep well, friends, and God bless...
Go Bears! Even living in the south for 15 years hasn't made us Cowboy fans. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like the great end to your weekend! I look forward to hearing about your weigh-in. I have no doubt it'll be great!
I am glad to see you doing so well!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry I have not been checking in...I will be from now on, now that I am focused again.
Can't wait to see how much you have lost!