Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Here Comes the Rain... (Day 70 - Part I)

Just heard on TV that we have a severe thunderstorm warning in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.  Love me a good thunderstorm! There's something awesome about that display of power that just gets me every time.

So I've had another really good day today. Totally on plan. Are you getting as sick of hearing that as I am of saying it?

I can't explain it. I don't know why I'm not struggling with hunger and crazy food temptations.  I've stared carrot cake in they eye and I didn't blink.  I've stood up to pizza and come away the victor. For crying out loud, there's an Oreo ice cream cake from Dairy Queen in my freezer right now and you couldn't force me to have a piece.

I have been doing this very seriously for 70 days and I can honestly say that I have not gone off plan even once. I've been under 1,500 calories every single day, and most often under 1,300. I'm losing weight at a very comfortable pace.  I don't think I want to lose more than 1/2 lb. a day because I read that losing too fast contributes to loose skin. If it wasn't for that, I think I could cut my calories even farther without any problem.

The truth is, none of this is to my credit, and certainly not something to be admired. It's not like I'm valiantly fighting and overcoming. I'm not even tempted.  I've been feeling really stressed lately and eating is the last thing on my mind, when in the past it would be the first. The biggest struggle in the whole food thing is keeping track of calories so I know where I'm at.  

Sometimes I think I'm setting myself up for a huge fall. That I'm going to let my guard down and go back to my old habits without thinking about it. I'm not saying that's impossible, but it sure feels impossible to me right now.

But the truth is, I can't pretend like this is hard when it's not.

Formal exercise...that's more difficult. I'm working on that.  But even if I never get a great handle on that, I'll still lose weight if I eat right and at least walk more. And I'm definitely walking more.

But there are many of you bloggers out there who I really do admire.  For you it's a fight, and it's a struggle every waking minute.  For you it's really, really hard. You want to quit everyday, but you don't. Sometimes you might give in to the temptation, but then you put it behind you and keep going. You're losing weight and it's not an easy road.  I admire you all, and I hope you're proud of yourselves. I know I'm proud of you.

I'll go to bed tonight thanking God for this life He's given me. For good health despite what I've done to myself over the years. For a beautiful family and for good friends. And I'll thank Him for being with me, in my heart and in my mind every day.

I'll be back in a while to say good night (need to post a second time today to stay in the challenge!)

2 comments:

  1. Oooo...a thunderstorm! One of my favorite things ever! I liked Indiana storms better then Oklahoma storms, though. The ones out here throw off too many unpredictable tornadoes.

    Anyway...I admire you...because it is so easy. I want to be like you when I grown up. :D
    And I'll never get tired of hearing that you had another great day! It makes me keep on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love T-Storms until we were hit by lightning two years ago and lived in a hotel for almost five months ... now it's no longer relaxing. Karyn ... never say you're getting tired of saying you're on track. Keep that motivation whether it's hard or not.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete