Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering on Day 60

I join so many of you today in expressing my condolences and prayers for the loved ones of those who lost their lives in New York, Washington D.C., and Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. 

I pray also for those who serve this day...at home and abroad. For police officers, and firefighters, and for those in the military, I can only express how grateful I am for their selfless sacrifice. 

We are each able to sleep better at night because they do what they do.  They clearly don't do it for the money, but rather for the love of country and their fellow man. 

My thoughts and prayers are also with my nephew, Stephan, who is currently in Afghanistan, with one more week left in this deployment. I look so forward to seeing him at his wedding in LasVegas in October, and to his safe return.

Though it's been a rather emotional and comtemplative day, I was able to stay the course. No hiccups in my eating, a fair amount of walking, and 80+ ounces of water.  Eating less and moving more...a perfect formula for success.

Hope you've all had a good Saturday, and that Sunday brings more of the same.

God bless...

2 comments:

  1. Lots of memories and prayers from us too.
    We made some new happy memories as well...our son, our oldest, was baptized last night at church! :)
    Enjoy your Sunday, Karyn, and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers go out to your nephew for his safe return. Many thanks for him and others like him that make our freedom and liberty possible.

    ReplyDelete