Friday, September 24, 2010

Challenge=Fail! (Day 73 - Part Only!)

OK...so I'm officially crying "uncle" on the 2-post-a-day-challenge.  I didn't get home until after 7:00 and there's no way I'm going to cram in two posts tonight.

I really think this is a good idea for folks who have a flexible enough schedule to do it. Posting can be enlightening, revealing, and can remind us that this quest we're on is really important.

Because my days are so busy, I think I'm doing a good job of keeping my head in the game.  During the day has never been my problem in terms of overeating.  Our weekends are also generally pretty busy, and when we're relaxing, I'm sure not going to overeat in front of Bill...he's my resident accountability! 

He doesn't really talk about it very much because I think he doesn't want me to feel like my weight loss makes any difference in the way he feels about me, but I can tell he's proud. And the biggest accountability and motivation I've got going right now is that I want him to be proud of me...I don't want to let him down.  Now that's not the only reason, of course.  I want to get healthy and I want to look "normal."  But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that my husband is one of my biggest motivations.

Anyway, evenings are the times when I'd have problems in the past...especially since I'm alone until Bill comes home at 10. So evenings are the times when the discipline of posting makes the biggest difference to me.  For me personally, I'd rather spend the time to really think about and communicate what's going on with me in one thoughtful post, than just trying to throw something up here twice.

So I've failed at the 2 post challenge, and I'm OK with that! ;-)  But that being said, I'm really excited for those who took up the challenge and are finding it to be useful and helpful.  I'm sincerely glad for your success!

So I had an NSV today. (Non-Scale Victory for those who aren't doing this weight-loss blogging thing!)  I was putting on my makeup this morning and I realized that my jawbone is really much more defined and my neck is much less puffy.  Visually, I still don't see much difference, but my hand felt the difference.  And yesterday, my daughter actually commented that when we were talking the other day, she got distracted by my "skinny face."  (Thanks, Bree!) 

So yay, NSV!  I love them because they are motivation to keep on keeping on! 

Another thing that occurred to me tonight because of a post I read is that the schedule I describe above is really helping me be successful in losing weight.  I can really sympathize with those who have kids to feed, and birthday parties to prepare for, and dinners to cook, etc. By necessity, food has to be dealt with throughout the day. Those with children at home and all those meals to prepare have a much more difficult road to travel than I do.

Because of our schedules, Bill takes care of his own meals, and I take care of mine.  On the weekend, I usually cook for us a couple of meals, and we usually eat out once, sometimes twice. Then we're on our own the rest of the time. So I've got myself in this sweet little groove. Like I've said before, I take much comfort in routine, so my diet has very little variety.  I cook very simply...bake the chicken, saute the scallops, scramble the egg whites, steam the veggies.  No recipes...not much added. Routine. And for now, that's cool with me. I feel like a train running on the rails...no deviation to the left or to the right.

As a result...today's another good day. 1,325 calories.  I'm finishing up my 5th 16 oz. bottle of water, and I worked up a really good sweat exercising.

And oh yeah, Tammy gave me a blog award today. Thanks, Tammy!!  As a condition of the award, I now I have to sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in five words and pay it forward by nominating 10 Bloggers for the award.

Here's my philosophy, motivation, and experience in 5 words: 

 
Love Conquers All...Even Fat!

And here's my top 10 for today!

Good night and God bless!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Distracted by a skinny face!
    And thank you soooo much for the award!
    Love Conquers All - great words to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn, I appauld you for even trying the 2 day post challenge. I liked the idea of it, but knew that I would not be able to commit to it. Some days it has been difficult for me to post once.

    It sounds like your routine is working wonderfully and the results are being noticed. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skinny face! How exciting! I think we need some new photos of you posted!

    And thank you...for your sweet comments on my post. For you sympathy and encouragement.
    Do you think Troy would let me hire a chef to do all the cooking for our household? :)

    Anyway...this is a great post! I'm so proud of you, and you truly do encourage me to stay on the tracks and try not to deviate to the left or right. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out, Karyn! Love your blog. You are such an encouragement. No way could I make a 2-post day. I do good to make it once a day. Writing my blog and reading others is probably my biggest and best source of encouragement and motivation. We love your one-a-day posts and congrats for not beating yourself up over not making the challenge. Just keep up the good work!!! And I love the skinny face comment too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Karyn. I already have the award, but appreciate the shout out. BTW, I agree...love conquers all!

    ReplyDelete