Monday, September 6, 2010

In the Zone! (Day 55)

When I got on the scale this morning I expected to see a loss.  I've been completely religious about my eating. No fudging...no guessing...no excuses.  And I walked and/or rode my bike every single day.  So yes...I expected a loss.

But I honestly didn't expect 3 more lbs. gone.  I almost did a happy dance! :-)  That means a 28 lb. loss in the last 55 days.  I don't even know what to do with that!

I know it can't keep up like this for the long haul.  I know there will be weeks where it will be 1/2 lb. loss and I'll be happy with that. Or a no-loss plateau. It's probable that I may even register a gain at some time due to hormones or a metabolism adjustment (though my mind won't even go there right now).

But wow...it really feels like I can do this. That by this time next year I can really, truly be at a weight that's normal and healthy for me. Remarkable!!

For the next week, I really want to get more serious about exercise. Especially some kind of toning...that's becoming more necessary everyday. This is the big challenge for me. Definitely more of a struggle than my relationship with food.

I really have no idea what clicked in my brain where food is concerned.  One thing I really have learned is that it's definitely mind over matter.  I make the decision about what I eat and how much.  Me.  Nobody else. The cheesecake is not the boss of me!!  Yeah...it tastes really good.  That particular combination of ingredients is pretty darn special.  And in moderation, somewhere down the line, cheesecake can be my friend.  But right now, it wants to kill me, and I'm not gonna let it!

Today I chose to have scrambled egg whites, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, fresh fruit, whole grains, scallops, beets, and I had a McDonald's grilled chicken chipolte barbecue wrap for lunch. Everything I ate today was delicious and very satisfying. And I've also been drinking water like crazy!  I think the last two days with very little water left my body totally craving it!  I'm at 1,250 calories at 6:00, and I'm not at all hungry.  I may have another piece of fruit and a 45 calorie Aldi fit & active fudge pop for a snack later, but I may not.

Like I said, I have no idea why this food thing is clicking for me.  If you're struggling with that right now, I know exactly where you're at because I've been there so many times before.  It has ALWAYS been a struggle.  And the food has ALWAYS won before. But I've learned that I can do this, and that means that you can, too!

Have a great evening, all!  You're in my heart and in my prayers. ;-)

God bless...

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on another 3 lbs gone. I did the same this week. :) So exciting!
    Exercise - clicks for me. Food - still a daily struggle, but definitly getting easier.
    Somehow...maybe we need to help each other in those areas...
    I'm looking forward to another great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn, holding your hand and doing the happy dance with you.

    Here are the words of wisdom in your blog today - I know it can't keep up like this for the long haul. I know there will be weeks where it will be 1/2 lb. loss and I'll be happy with that. Or a no-loss plateau. It's probable that I may even register a gain at some time due to hormones or a metabolism adjustment (though my mind won't even go there right now).

    Once we can get over the inevitable above...we are golden. Care on for life. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET !! I'm so excited you lost so well this week, Karyn! Keep up the good work ...

    ReplyDelete