OK...so I want to officially thank my family and friends for not ever nominating me to be on TLC's "What Not to Wear!" I sincerely appreciate their restraint :-)
Seriously, my wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired. I wear a lot of black, and my clothes have always been loose and over-sized. I've never been one of those overweight people who is comfortable in form fitting clothes...I've gone way over to the other extreme.
So with 25 lbs. gone so far, clothes that were already loose to begin with are starting to become rather comical. It's time to dig out some of my older clothes and see if there's anything there that will fit. I really, really hate shopping, and I really don't want to spend the money on clothes that will only fit for a short time. So the next year or so is going to be very interesting. :-)
I also decided that when I pull out the old clothes, I'm getting rid of the things I'm wearing now. I'm not keeping them around for "what if." You know what I mean. What if I gain this weight back? That's not an option. It's not going to happen. So I'll donate pieces that are in decent shape, and throw away the rest. There is no going back because this is my life now.
Even though it's only 9:00, I'm really exhausted. I didn't sleep at all well last night...things are picking up at work and I feel the stress level rising. Kinda hard to shut my brain down. I need to figure out how to get a handle on that.
Aside from feeling rather sleep deprived, it was a pretty routine day for me. 1,345 calories and I'll jump on the bike when I'm done here. While some might find the word "routine" to be synonymous with 'boring," I'm actually finding comfort and security in the day-to-day.
There's not a lot of variety in what I'm eating, either. Eggs whites, string cheese, turkey, chicken, scallops, whole wheat pitas, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, and popcorn. Not all of this every day, of course, but those are the staples. And when I eat out, it's usually Wendy's chili and a baked potato for 500 calories. And lots and lots of water!
I don't like to have to think much about what I'm going to eat. Even when I was living like I didn't care if I lived or died, my diet was made up of the usual suspects. Not a lot of variety...just a lot of bad choices. I'm hoping at some point to develop a love for cooking. But for right now, I'll find comfort in my routine.
Well, I think I will take my exhausted self to the bike and work up a sweat, grab a shower, and see if I can do better in the sleep department than I did last night.
Good night, all! :-)
God bless...
What Not to Wear?
ReplyDeleteI happily admit that I need to be on that show...I'd love to get a makeover...but I want to lose about 100 pounds first. :)
Wardrobe...Clothing...great blog topic. Something I should explore and talk about on mine soon. And yes, I think it's a good idea to get rid of the "too big" stuff. But maybe keep one of something...just as a reminder of how far you've come. You'll want it for those after photos...when you can stand in just one leg of your old pants. :)
Great post, Karyn, as always!
Resale shoppes and Goodwill are great places to pick up transition clothes. I'm sure as your journey continues, you'll start to enjoy treating yourself to an outfit that shows off all your hard work. Your future looks bright and exciting.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad my family can restrain themselves too. I've always worn loose clothes, not as much as I do overweight, but I really need to check out fitted clothes. It does make you look better. Mensa has a good suggestion - consignment shops, because you're not going to be in those clothes for long.
ReplyDelete