Thursday, August 26, 2010

Miles to Go... (Day 44)

Wow! It's like 10:00 and I still have miles to go before I sleep! This whole vacation thing didn't work out so well for me this week. I could potentially be as frustrated today as I was yesterday, but I'm just gonna roll with the punches. And try and make some changes at work so that this doesn't happen next time.

We did take time out today for FFN (family fun night) at Bree and Jim's. Had a nice, relaxing evening with Bree and Becca's families. And today was special because it was Nora June Ader's first birthday!! This granddaughter is pretty darn special, and Becca and Adam are doing a fantastic job with her! :-)

We'll be celebrating this Sunday with an adorable lady bug birthday party. I'm sure I'll have really cute pictures to post on Monday.

Also this week, grandsons Nick and Drew had their first day of school. Nick is in 7th grade, and Drew is in 5th grade. We're praying that they have a really great and productive year! These two are the sweetest, most genuine kids around. We're so proud of them!

I did really good today food-wise. 1,252 calories and lots of water. Did some walking and will jump on the bike if it doesn't get too much later. I cheated and weighed myself this morning. Not really sure why. I've been sticking to Mondays as my weigh-in day. Anyway, I lost 2 more lbs. since Monday, so I'm pretty thrilled with that. I'm gonna try not to do that again, though...I definitely don't want to get obsessed with the scale. Just want to keep livin' life like I know I'm supposed to be livin' it! :-)

Hope this Thursday evening finds you all in a good place, and that tomorrow brings joy, love, and good choices!

God bless...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great day! Your grandkids are super cute and a Happy 1st Birthday to Nora!

    Sorry you haven't been able to truly enjoy your vacation this week. Maybe you can have Friday completely work-free.
    p.s. I cheated and stepped on the scale this morning too. -1.8 lb so far! YAY for both of us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are plugging right along, and you can hear your enthusiasm overflowing in all of your posts. I am so excited for you and your continued success that you can't help but have!

    ReplyDelete