Monday, August 23, 2010

Oh Yeah!! (Day 41)

Man...I could really get used to this feeling!!  I better get used to it because this is my life now!

Why have I never done this before?  When I think of all the years I've lost, I seriously want to cry! All the things I haven't been able to do and enjoy. All the pretty clothes, and sports, and hikes. All the embarrassment and humiliation.  All the time that I'll never get back...it almost feels like a death.

I have no idea why it took me so long to get to this place. But though I may never know why, I'm here now. I feel in control of myself. I feel SO MUCH BETTER! So many things are falling into place because I'm really taking care of myself for the first time in a very long time. This is so freaking good!!

It's been a really good day.  Bill had his CT scans, and we'll have to wait until his follow-up appointment on September 2nd to see what's going on. This is all precautionary because of family history, and I really believe that everything is fine.  This guy of mine is indestructible! :-)

We had a GREAT dinner today! We had lobster tail, scallops, and spaghetti squash! I made some serious brownie points with Bill because he adores seafood, especially lobster.  And that squash is the coolest thing ever!!  We both thought it was fantastic!  Here's the recipe I used, and the picture of our meal is below.  430 delicious calories, and a total today of 1,100.

I also did 30 minutes on the bike, and a bunch of walking with errands we had to run.  I think I want to start adding some toning exercises. I'm already noticing loose skin issues in my belly area.

I guess that's the kind of thing that happens when you lose 4.5 MORE LBS!!!  Yep...the scale was my friend this morning, bringing my total loss to 22 lbs.

I know that tomorrow could very well be different.  I don't want to get so over confident that I let my guard down.  But I've really come to believe that this whole issue of overeating and our relationship with food is predominantly in our heads.

We know how we should treat our bodies.  We are learning about good, nutritious food choices. We know that we are healthier when we exercise and move. 

Because we KNOW this, it then becomes a matter of living out those things that we know to be true.  When that voice inside our heads tells us to indulge in things that are clearly bad for us, that's when we have to dig deep and choose life. That's when we have to acknowledge that the voice telling us to do self-destructive things IS NOT OUR FRIEND!

The voice that tells us to love ourselves and love each other...THAT'S the voice we listen to.  Let's do this together!

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!
    WOW!
    How will I ever recognize you in Vegas? You'll be a whole new women.
    May we NEVER let the love of food over power the love we have for God, ourselves and others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me smile so big! Your energy and enthusiasum is defifinately contagious!
    I try not to think back at all the time I've wasted and I try to simply look forward at the quality of life I will have in the future.
    That recipe sounds so tasty...except for the black olives. ick. :)
    And a HUGE CONGRATS on your loss this week! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete