Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All's Well Even When It's Not (Day 43)

Kind of a frustrating day today. Ended up spending way too much time on work-related issues. It just ended up not being the best week to be away, and I guess I didn't prepare well enough for it. My fault. Will have to do a better job of this when Bill and I go to my nephew's wedding in Las Vegas in October because I'll definitely be out of touch then. Oh well.

I'm glad that the frustration didn't wreck havoc with my resolve. Almost had the opposite effect. I was so caught up in things that I didn't think too much about eating. I'm leaving nearly 400 calories in the bank and don't really feel like eating anything more.

We had planned to go see a movie tonight so we did. We went to see The Expendables with Sylvester Stallone, and can I just say, DON'T!! Wow! Very, very, violent. And I can't remember ever seeing a movie that had dialogue that was as lame as this one. Bill said it's a shame that we'll never be able to get those two hours of our lives back. It was almost painful! I almost want you guys to see it so we can talk about how bad it was! :-)

Anyway, this is one of those days that I'm glad is over! I did ride the bike for 20 minutes tonight...I went faster this session for less time.

And I did learn some things today. I learned that these good habits that I'm developing are fairly well ingrained. In the past, this kind of day would drive me to stupidity...today it didn't do that. That's a good thing!

Tonight, I will pray for us, my friends. For good days. And for His peace and strength when the days are not so good.

God bless...

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny about the movie. Funny, because I was thinking of taking Rich this weekend to see it. Not anymore, thnx for the review.
    Glad to hear that you didn't let the day effect you negatively. Those are the days when we really have to anchor down.
    Love your fellow "anchorette"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...Maybe you should still take him. The action scenes, while unbelievably violent, were really something. And the dialogue...oh my goodness!! I laughed like I was at a comedy!!

    Yep...it's good to hang in there when it's a not so good day.

    I got my anchor necklace yesterday, so the timing was perfect! ;-)

    Hope you have a good day...Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you said "this kind of day would drive me to stupidity". What a great way to describe it! I still feel like I'm teetering on the edge...I'm not quite confident in myself to avoid feeling uncomfortable being close to "stupidity"...but I know I'll get there. :)
    I'll be praying that your Thursday is much more relaxing and less frustrating. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe after being on the plan for awhile your thinking starts to shift away from the "dark side" and you are more positive about so many things. Glad you didn't let things get to you.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete