OK...so here's my insight for the day. I seem to be having a much easier time not doing something than I am in doing something.
For whatever reason, I have had zero difficulty refraining from eating things I shouldn't eat. Since day 1, I've had virtually no problem staying under 1,500 calories for the day, and have often been well under that. I have no desire to eat things that would normally be a HUGE temptation. Now I realize that this could change at any minute, but so far, this whole eating healthy thing hasn't been a great struggle.
Believe me, this isn't at all typical of my past experience. Tempting, fattening, artery-clogging food would always call my name in a sexy, enticing, Pierce Brosnan kind of voice. I had little power to resist, and it wouldn't be very long before I'd give in and give up.
But this time around, the desire for things that would normally sabotage any hope of success is pretty much non-existent.
So, thankfully, not doing something (namely overeating) hasn't been a problem.
What is more of a struggle is this whole exercise thing. To exercise means to do something. It's not refraining from something, like saying "no" to the birthday cake or chunky monkey ice cream. It's saying "yes" to something. It's saying yes to getting up and putting on my shoes and moving. Much more difficult for me.
I'm getting way more exercise today than I was 45 days ago. I'm walking more and I'm riding my bike every day. But I know I could be doing much more. So that's what I'm going to work on next week. I need to come up with a plan and try and make some progress every day.
So that's it for my insight. Tomorrow we celebrate baby Nora's first birthday, and it's going to be so fun. Stay tuned for pictures...they're going to be adorable!
Hope it's been a fantastic Saturday, and that joy comes in the morning!
God bless...
Oh boy are we alike here! Exercise has been my nemesis since I began this journey. The key is finding something that you like and then it won't seem so daunting. I think I finally found mine, with my half marathon goal. I actually want to work out, and its a very strange thing for me. Be patient - I certainly hope it doesn't take as long as it did for me, but it may be a while before this one will work itself to be easy for you. Hang in there!
ReplyDeletePierce Brosnan - lol, that was funny. That's fantastic that you aren't being tempted by artery clogging food. It's so bad, yet we eat it...why???
ReplyDeleteAs you say, you're getting way more exercise than you were 45 days ago and now you just build on that little by little. I don't know about you, but if I went out and "ran a marathon -ha ha," I would promptly quit because it would be too much. You'll get there, little by little, bit by bit. Thanks so much for the encouraging words on my blog. You helped.
I have the complete opposite problem. Exercise? Sure, no problem. It gives me permission to say "yes" to more food...or at least that's how my mind plays games on me. I wish I could say "no" more to the food. Maybe we can rub off on each other. :)
ReplyDelete