Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 36 and Counting!

Today was a 1,390 calorie, 20 minutes on the bike kinda day!  That means it was a good day!

I actually just got off the bike and wanted to check in here before going upstairs for a shower and a good book.  So I'm sort of a huffing-puffing sweaty mess!  But it feels really good.

As I was thinking about what I wanted to blog tonight, I realized that I'm pretty much mentally exhausted right now. No great insights or even semi-interesting observations. 

But that's OK, I think.  Come to think of it, though, I did learn something today. I learned that for 36 full days in a row, I have been able to exercise self-discipline and make really good choices. I've been able to develop some really good habits, and eliminate some really bad ones. I know myself better than I ever have before, and I am closer to my God than ever in my life.

I can see a glimmering light way off in the distance at the end of the proverbial tunnel, and it feels very, very good. I will try and keep my eyes on that light, because I know that tomorrow can paint a very different picture.  It hasn't taken much in the past to make me fail...to make me get lazy and to turn to food for some kind of twisted form of comfort. I don't ever want to go back to that place. Please God...keep me safe from myself!

So I guess I was wrong...I did have a little bit of insight today. :-)

And I also got a great idea for an "anchor" from my sister. What better anchor than an anchor, representing the thing that can keep my ship from running a muck, and representing the God who is my anchor. So the hunt is on for a piece of anchor jewelry to remind me of my commitment during those times when I become my own worst enemy. Thanks for the idea, Sandy!

I hope you've all had a good day, and as always, I pray for our peace, strength, and resolve.

God bless...

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to find one also, and we will be known as the Anchorettes!
    20 minutes, you only have 10 more until you reach your 30 minute goal. You are more than half way there. I find to get through 30 minutes on the eliptical, that I put on Netflix and watch movies during it. One movie will last 3 days, and to mix it up, you can watch some of the work out videos instantly.
    Also, if you're looking for meal ideas. I make a smoothie every morning (actually 3 at a time). I finally sat down yesterday to figure the calorie count and it blew me away. I was thinking 250+, turns out they were only 125. I take frozen unsweetened mixed fruit (enough for 5 servings)add plain fat free yogurt and water. It's filling and takes me about an hour to finish at work. Also, I do alot of steamed veggies, sometimes the whole bag (150 calories for some) and add gardinara to it, sometimes I'll add tuna. It's actually very good and you fill up fast on a small amount of calories. The frozen veggies are fresher then the fresh veggies in the produce section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good day, Karyn! Way to go!
    I'm so enjoying reading your blog each day. You are truly inspiring. Right now, Day 36 seems so far off for me...but I'll get there, I'm sure of it!
    I never thought to use jewelry as an anchor...what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete