It was a totally lazy day for us. I worked on the computer and we caught up on our recorded TV for hours. Finally at around 4:00 in the afternoon, I turned off the TV and told Bill that we NEEDED to get out of the house for a while and get our grocery shopping done!
We went out armed with our shopping list and had a really enjoyable time together. I'm excited about making a spaghetti squash dish this week. Got the idea from Amy's blog and I can't wait to make it. If it turns out well, I'll post the recipe and a picture later. We also went to the deli section and I picked up some low sodium oven roasted turkey. It was quite a bit more expensive than other turkey lunchmeat, but I felt it was worth it to lose the sodium.
Today was kind of a snacking day for me. I ended up at 1,372 calories for the day, and my menu was made up of scrambled eggs, string cheese, fruit, popcorn, a turkey pita sandwich with tomato, and Taco Bell for dinner. It was a weird but delicious day!
For our shopping trip, we went to Aldi, but then wanted to also stop at Wal-Mart. We parked close to Aldi, and after we put the groceries in the car, Bill asked if I wanted to walk across the large lot to Wal-Mart rather than drive to a closer spot. He's been a really fantastic support for me throughout this process. So we walked to and from the car, and quite a bit inside the store, as well. That felt really good after all the sitting around we did earlier in the day.
So it was a great day with my food, and YES...I did 30 minutes (nearly 14 miles) on the bike!!! The last three minutes were really tough, but there was no way I was quitting!
Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm going to be pleased with whatever that scale says because I had a really consistent and committed week. I can't wait to see what it says!
Tomorrow is also the day that Bill is getting his CT scans, so there will be alot of praying about that, for sure! He's also on vacation from both of his jobs this week, and while I've got some things I have to get done, I'm going to be working from home so I'm really excited about that, as well!
Hope you've all had a very enjoyable weekend, and that the coming week holds great surprises and success for us all!
God bless...
Praying for Bill.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 30 minutes....never doubted you couldn't do it.
I have also made spaghetti squash. I add evoo and minced garlic. We really enjoy it. Just picked up some chipolte evoo in Branson. It's awesome. I cooked some tilapia in it last night. Gave it a wonderful kick!
Love........
Way to go, Karyn! Proud of you for doing 30 minutes...but I'm more impressed about 14 miles! That seems so far. I never pay attention to the mileage when I do the bike. I'm going to start though.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear what you think about the squash. And I'll be praying for Bill as well.
Karyn - I've been wanting to try spaghetti squash for months now! I can't wait to hear how it turns out!
ReplyDelete