Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family Fun Night (Day 35)

Just got back from family fun night, and it was exactly that...FUN!  We're making every effort to get together once a week and it has been so fantastic to hang out with my favorite people in the world!!

Even though it's late and I'm beat, I want to take the time to blog. I feel like it's a commitment that I've made and I want to do my best to post something every day.

I worked a half day today and then went with Bill to the doctor. He's having some issues and will be having a CT scan on Monday to try and get to the bottom of it. We're just resting in God and trusting that everything will be OK.  The good part of this was that because of his appointment, he had to take a personal day from his second job and he was able to join us, which was awesome! Another part that was really awesome was that my parents were in from Arkansas for a quick two day trip and they were able to join us as well. It was really nice to see them if only for a short time. Can't wait to see them again soon!

Because we were so rushed during the afternoon, I ended up just grabbing a plum for lunch and that was it.  We picked up some chicken and green beans to bring to Bree and Jim's house, and there was also some pizza and various desserts. My grandson, Nick, made Rice Krispy Treats and Becca made peanut butter cookies. Justin's girlfriend, Allison, made a green grape salad made with fat free sour cream and cream cheese.  She was sweet enough to send me the recipe and calorie count so I was able to have a small serving at around 100 calories and really enjoyed it. I also had some green beans and one grilled chicken breast. We brought home some of Becca's cookies which she calculated at around 100 calories, so I'll enjoy having one tomorrow.

At the end of the day, I only used 900 calories.  I'm finding when I'm really busy I'm so afraid of going over my daily allotment of 1500 calories that I'm erring on the side of caution. But I really wasn't all that hungry and definitely didn't feel deprived...I was just enjoying everyone's company.

For the last two nights, I made it to 18 minutes on the bike!!  I'm really happy with that, and would love to make it to 30 minutes by Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

Well, good night for now.  Hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday!

God bless...

5 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out okay for Bill. One thing that can throw me for a loop is health issues. Please be careful that you don't throw your body into a starvation mode by going way under your target calories for the day. It's funny the way the body reacts. Have a good day.
    Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18 minutes! You'll have the other 12 taken care of by Friday!

    I agree with Mensa......don't starve yourself. It won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,ladies! You rock!!

    It's so weird...NEVER thought I'd EVER have to think about eating ENOUGH! Got to find that right balance. I'm really not in a hurry. It took a lifetime to get this way, and it's going to take a long time and a lot of work to undo the damage.

    I think when I'm more knowledgeable about portion size and calories, I'll be able to get through these busy days better.

    Hope you both have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karyn, I've simply found that it's hard to get my calories in when I'm eating more fruits and veggies and less junk. On days when I'm a little low, I grab a stick of lowfat string cheese, or maybe some almonds. They're higher in calories than a piece of fruit, but still good for you.
    Good job on the bike and I'll be praying for your husband, Bill.
    p.s. My family has been having "Family Fun Nights" once a month. I wish we could get together more often, but it's still always such a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, definitely don't go with too little calories - its a recipe for disaster on the scale - I have actually GAINED weight on weeks I didn't get enough calories in. Amy had a great suggestion about the cheese or nuts. Perfect way to fill in!
    Congrats on the bike! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete