Saturday, August 21, 2010

What a Great Celebration!! (Day 39)

Saturday evening finds me totally exhausted!!  It's been a very long, but fantastic day.  Donna's party was so much fun!  How wonderful for us all to celebrate this birthday milestone that we never thought she'd see! There were so many people there helping her celebrate, and I feel like I've been talking non-stop for hours.  I wonder how many calories you burn up when you're being a motor-mouth!

I did a great job with my calories today.  I had a chicken breast and veggies at the party, and then had some string cheese when I got home.  I'm at 1,350 for the day, and it wasn't even difficult to skip the cake. :-)  My strategy for this party was to avoid hanging out around the food tables.  I got my chicken and veggies, and then avoided that part of the room for the rest of the party. Worked like a charm!

The only thing I feel a little bad about is that it's 10:15 and I really can't face the bike right now.  I'm just ready to fall into bed.  I think I'll ride it in the morning, and then again at night to make up for missing.  I'm shooting for 30 minutes tomorrow at one time and I won't take no for an answer!

So it's off to bed.  Hope you've all had a great Saturday, filled with joy and great success. And if there have been struggles and stumbles today, that's OK because each day offers the opportunity for a fresh start.  I know I'm going to stumble at some point, and that's not a problem as long as I don't let that become an excuse to quit. 

Quitting is NOT an option!!

God bless...

3 comments:

  1. Your body needs a day or 2 of rest when you are working out. I don't think I've read anywhere that 7 days a week workouts help. With all the changes your body/mind are going through it needs time to catch up and register. Do the 30 minutes once today, but skip the make up tonight. You'll find it gets easier and that you will miss it on off days, but you still need to recover. As you get further into your routine (a month or so)you might want to think of changing it up, even if for one day. I think your body gets used to the same old thing.
    Good job staying away from the food table. I know how hard it is when your socializing and talking and munching go hand in hand. Or should I say "hand and mouth"....LOL
    Good job you......I'm very proud of you and love you dearly. Sorry, I can only support you via blogs instead of being there and being your salad sista! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...really good advice! I'll ride once later and that will be good. I'm also walking much more than ever in my day to day activities, so that counts, too.

    I'm hoping as this progresses to add other things to my exercise routine. Some kind of strength training and toning exercises. We have some kind of weight apparatus thingy in the basement that I've never even looked at! :-) I'll have to ask Bill how the thing works!

    So probably some walking everyday, and then maybe alternate the bike one day with something else the next. And maybe rest on the seventh day? (If it was good enough for the big guy...LOL!)

    I'm proud of you and love you dearly, too! Wish we could see each other more! But this is at least something!

    Maybe some weekends we could meet halfway on a Saturday, stay the night spend part of Sunday, and then head home. I think that would be FUN!

    Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete