Monday, August 30, 2010

Rocked It!! (Day 48)

Hey Allan...pretty much rocked weigh-in day!! 3 more lbs. that will never be seen again! Woo hoo!

Day 48 = 25 lbs. less of me!  That comes out to an average loss of slightly more than 1/2 lb. per day. I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

I know there is a plateau somewhere in my future. And when that happens, that's when I have to remind myself that what the scale says simply doesn't matter. I have to sweetly whisper in my own ear that the self-discipline I've developed, and the loving way that I'm now treating myself, are not temporary actions based on the whim of circumstance. That's when I have to say, "scale be damned" and just keep on keeping on! Actually, when the plateau hits, I will seriously consider weighing every two weeks instead of every week. 

But for now, I will think no further about the "p" word, but will celebrate these good results and will continue to sit here with this big, stupid grin on my face.  ;-)

So I was thinking about something today. Bill and I are big indy car fans.  And we have this goal to visit all the racetracks on the IZOD indy car schedule. It's a very achievable goal because Bill works for FedEx and we can fly very, very reasonably...both nationally and internationally.  That will come in very handy for the races in Brazil, Japan, and Canada. So as long was we live long enough and he keeps working, we should be able to do this! :-)

So far we've been to races at Chicagoland Speedway, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. And this weekend we're going to the race at the Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky.

The reason I bring this up is that last year at Mid-Ohio, we didn't time the drive very well.  By the time we got there, there was a long line of cars waiting to get into the parking lots.

What you need to know about Mid-Ohio is that it's a road course (not an oval track.)  This means that we didn't have tickets for seats...you just enter the gate and find somewhere to sit along the track.  Well, because we were so late, we had to park forever away.  So after walking for quite a ways, we found out that we were at the wrong gate.  So we trudged back to the car and I was really suffering.  When we found somewhere else to park, it meant walking forever again and I just couldn't do it. 

I told Bill to go find a place to sit and I'd wait for him in the car. He was having none of that.  We'd either watch the race together, or we'd go home together.  He was so sweet and I felt so horrible about ruining our day.  We decided to drive around one more time and God took pity on me and we found a spot along a side road.  We just had to climb a small hill and ended up with a great spot on the grass at one of the busiest curves. It ended up being a great race and a great day.

As I said, this weekend we're going to Kentucky Speedway, which is an oval track.  We'll time our trip better, and I know I'll be able to handle the walk this time. Next year, our plan is to hit the race at the Barber Motorsports track in Birmingham, Alabama, and also the race in Watkins Glen, New York.  Both of these are road courses, and I will promise you this right now.  I will not have to worry about being unable to walk to our seats.  That will never happen again!! 

As always, thanks to my family, friends, and fellow bloggers. I appreciate you all so very much.

Good night and God bless...

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Karyn!! Congrats on the great weigh-in!! I'd be walking around with a big stupid grin on my fact too! It's well deserved!!

    And I have to ask...where do you live? Given the cities you've been to races in, I'm guessing somewhere in Indiana maybe?
    I was born and raised in NW Indiana and moved to Oklahoma in '95. We still go back to visit family once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy...thanks!! Still have the stupid grin ;-)

    We live in Tinley Park, Illinois...about 30 minutes southwest of downtown Chicago.

    Bill's FedEx route is in Muenster, IN. Anywhere near where you were raised?

    How's the day been going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 lbs is a great start! good for you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff. Even better news, remember that Tom Hanks worked for FEDEX also,,, Great diet, ate more than me though....Rock On...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karyn,

    You're putting up awesome numbers. Good for you. You really know how to work your plan. I'm back on mine.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karyn, way to go. 25 lbs - yipee! Thank you so much for your support too. I appreciate it. You know what I like the most about your post... "the loving way that I'm now treating myself." Shouldn't we all be doing that - Treating ourselves in a loving matter? Thanks Karyn, I will be thinking about your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, Karyn! That is FANTASTIC!! Congratulations on your continued success. I have the same fear (the dreaded plateau), but I'm trying not to think of it. My usual plateau is 283-284 ... and today's weigh-in was 284.5 ... I'm scared! :| BUT, as you said, if it hits, I'm going to ignore the scale (as best I can), and concentrate on other things, like measurements. I'll still do my weekly weigh-in though. Anyway, keep up the good work! Here's hoping you won't see a plateau for a LONG time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karyn - Wow! We're so close! I was born and raised in the LaPorte/Michigan City area. My husband's parents still live there. We're planning to visit for Christmas this year. :)
    It's a small world, huh?

    ReplyDelete