Sunday, August 15, 2010

Where Does the Weekend Go? (Day 33)

I can't believe how quickly the weekend goes by!  Today was a really relaxed day...I caught up on some reading and we also caught up on our recorded episodes of Cake Boss. (Love that show!!)

I'm glad I had my guard up because I was really hungry between breakfast and lunch.  I made an awesome burrito for breakfast and it was a very filling 310 calories. (Can't believe I didn't take a picture...it was a work of art!)  I think I'll have another one for dinner tomorrow so I'll take a picture then. 

So I had breakfast around 8:30 and by 10:00 I was really hungry. That's the first time this has happened since I began down this road.  I couldn't figure it out, and I really didn't want to eat anything because I didn't know what we were going to do for the rest of the day.  I wanted to pick up some shoes to use with my bike, so I ran out to the store, thinking that would take my mind off my stomach.  I stopped at McDonalds and got a large diet coke for $1, and then ran my errands. It worked like a charm...that and quite a bit of prayer!  I picked up Wendy's for Bill and I and we had lunch around 1:00.  I had a small chili and jr. cheeseburger deluxe for 500 calories.  The rest of the day went fine...no more overwhelming hunger so I feel like I dodged a bullet!

In the afternoon I jumped on the bike and started out all gung-ho!  To my dismay, I only managed 15 minutes.  I was going at a pretty good pace, but I thought I'd be able to do better than that!  I've got a long way to go, but I think I'm really going to enjoy having the bike here.

I put up some pictures of my family, some yucky ones of me, and one of my pretty bike. You can check them out at the menu at the top of the page.  I can't wait to get some better ones of myself that won't be so hard to look at!

Tomorrow is weigh day...can't wait to see where I'm at after the first month.  Hope you had a good weekend, and that the coming week brings joy and success in all you do!

God bless...

9 comments:

  1. Mom I think 15 minutes is an awesome time for your first try! I know I would have been huffing and puffing! Just keep at it and I'm sure it will get easier as each day passes :)

    So proud of you for staying strong and not giving in to your hunger! I had to laugh when I read you got a dollar pop from McDonalds. I'm a wee bit addicted to those. I'm pretty sure Nora's first sentence will be "Hi, can I just get a large coke please?" because she's heard me say it so many times! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn! Awesome job on defeating the hunger monster! Woo Hoo! I totally love it when that happens! And hats off to you for 15 minutes on your bike! 15 minutes would probably whoop my butt. What an accomplishment for you. Just take it slow so as not to injure yourself, and build up your stamina over time. Every minute that you can add to your regime, no matter how long it takes you to tack on another minute, is a huge victory!!
    Hey, I'm really liking the look of your blog. I love the tabs up top. I use blogspot too, so I'll have to investigate changing my template. Any secrets to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karyn when you were talking about Bill putting together your bike, I thought you meant an outside one but you have an all-weather one. Nothing to stop you from exercising now. Good job. Keep it up. I also heard when you think you're hungry, you just need hydrated. Good move with the diet coke. Good luck at your weigh-in. I have mine tonight and because of my daughter's challenge to stay off the scales all week, I have no idea what's going to happen.

    Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Becca! You are too funny and I love you! I can just picture Nora saying that :-)

    Cathy...thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it! FYI...to add the tabs/extra pages to your blog, just act like you're creating a new post. When that window pops up, you have a few new options. One of them is Edit Pages. That's where you can add new pages/tabs to your blog. Let me know if you have any other questions...happy to help!

    Sheilah...Yeah, I think I'm really gonna love this bike! Already thinking about winter in Chicago and I knew I'd need some kind of indoor activity :-) Good luck with your weigh-in...I'm doing mine tonight as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful! I'm very proud of you and what you have accomplished so far, but then, I'm always proud of you and you are an example to follow. Love you loads.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sandy!! Love you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I lost my 100 lbs.I could only ride my bike for 5 minutes in the beginning.When that got comfortable, I'd add another minute. Also a lot of times hunger pains can be caused by thirst, that's why they say to drink a glass of water then wait 5 minutes before you eat.You either won't need to eat or you won't eat as much.I LOVE that your blogging about your journey! I'm so happy for you, you'll feel so much better. You've also already encouraged me to get going again. Thanks, I needed that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karyn - Getting on a bike and working on it for 15 minutes is FANTASTIC. That is a great accomplishment and a great start to regular exercise, do not sell yourself short. Remember, no one gets up and runs a marathon, it takes months of training. You'll be on that bike for an hour before you know it! So very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becky!! I had no idea you lost 100 lbs! That's fabulous! I can't wait to hear your story the next time we're together!

    Thanks Allison...you are a sweetheart! My son sure knows how to pick 'em!!

    ReplyDelete