Weekends have been weird for me since going down this road toward better health and self-discovery. Especially Saturdays. But weird in an unexpected way. I've faced four Saturdays since I started counting calories, and at the end of the day for all four of them, I've left anywhere from 300 to 500 calories uneaten and unenjoyed. The reason for this is that we're really busy on Saturdays. Bill works two jobs during the week so he often doesn't roll in until after 10:00 each night. Absolutely no time during the week for us to do stuff. So Saturday is usually the day that we make our nursing home visit to my Aunt Kay, do our grocery shopping and any other errands that come up, do the laundry, and go to church. We try to keep Sunday open to kick back, relax, and spend some down time together. I sorta expected weekends to present the opposite problem...that I'd be tempted to overeat. But that's not been the case. I'm going to try and get closer to 1500 calories tomorrow and not let the day get away without make good, healthy choices.
And here's another weird thing. I've actually been using cream on my face in the morning, and even bought this jar of stuff called "night cream" to put on my face before bed. There's actually specific face cream that you use only at night. I'm not sure what would happen if I make a mistake and use that during the day, so I'm being very careful not to pick up the wrong jar! I've never taken the time or effort on my skin before. But the weirdness doesn't stop there. I'm sleeping better and generally being more productive. Has anyone else ever noticed this phenomenon? Have you noticed that when you take control of your poor eating and exercise habits, that other areas of your life seem to automatically improve? It's amazing to me. I don't quite understand it, but my face is fabulously soft! :-)
Today has been a good day. It was rather stressful at work, with it being crunch time for getting things done for the weekend services and then an unexpected meeting came up. But the stress didn't push me to fall off the wagon like it has so many times in the past. I'm not even sure I should admit this, but I'm kinda nervous because this past month hasn't been even close to a struggle. It's always been so hard in days gone by. I feel like I need to keep my guard up less I get blindsided. But for now, I feel very much in control and I really believe that failure is not an option! Exercise is going better, too. I took the stairs at work most of the time today and logged 2.5 miles on my pedometer. And I'm so excited because Bill's going to finish putting my bike together tomorrow!
Well...I think that's it for now. I've got a few things to get done before Bill comes home, and I hear that night cream calling! :-)
I hope you all have a really wonderful, restful, and enjoyable weekend. And for you fellow travelers, I pray for peace, strength, and resolve.
God bless you...
Well, I know where my mind is this morning, I could have sworn I read you put ice cream on your face :) Glad things seem to be going down the easy road for you. I'm sure it's got something to do with attitude. I see that you've added some blogs to your list. Does reading others adventures seem to help? It's all new to me. My daughter's blog immyfavorite.blogspot.com got me going. It's a good one, if you want to check it out. There you might even find the link to mine which I'm not too confident about yet. I try to write daily to keep me accountable. Is that the reason you are doing yours?
ReplyDeleteHey Mensa! I added you to my blog list and I even posted a comment on your latest post! I'll check out your daughter's blog, too. And yes...I think this is a great way to try and stay accountable, and also to try and figure myself out :-) Hope you have a great day!!!
ReplyDeleteI always had just the opposite problems on weekends - we're busy so I eat more junk and eat more calories, but we're working on that one ; )
ReplyDeleteI have totally noticed other harmonious things happen when you start doing right by yourself...our family even gets along better and we spend more meaningful time together - how's that for weird??
Hope you have a great weekend!!
BTW....I think the major differences between day and night cream are two things - the day creams put SPF in them (a lot of them do), and the night creams are just a bit heavier and oiler, so I think the biggest difference would be a nice sheen to your face during the day if you mixed them up : )
Pam! You're totally right!!! I glow when I put on the night cream :-) Hope you have a great weekend also!!!
ReplyDelete