I'm a couple hundred calories under for the day, and I just rode my bike for 22 minutes! I think I'm still on track for doing 30 by Sunday and that's awesome!!
I think the fact that we're coming out of the summer slowdown at work and are now gearing up for fall is very timely for me. I'm so busy during the day that there isn't time to think about food. I had a chicken breast, green beans, and plum for lunch and then didn't think about food again until I got home. Then it was scallops, more green beans, and wheat pita bread for dinner.
Still drinking lots of water, and I'm walking more every day. I know that it's real easy to develop bad habits, but it seems like 37 days of living a good healthy routine is enough time for these good habits to kick in and feel comfortable. Not that I'm out of danger for a relapse, but I continue to feel very much in control.
Oh yeah...I did decide today what my anchors would be. If you remember, I got the idea from Cathy who talked about this tool that they use in weight watchers. You're supposed to identify something tangible that you can look at or hold on to that will remind you of the commitment you've made and help you stay the course.
You can see below the two items I'll be using for my anchors...and yes...they are actually anchors! I love the symbolism. My sister gave me the idea, and Allison suggested the necklace below. Just perfect. The heart represents my family, the cross represents my savior, and the anchor represents the firm hold that God has on my life. Then Becca sent me the link for the anchor paperweight. I'll be keeping that at home by my computer. I think if I'm going to need that reminder, it will be in the evening when I'm alone before Bill gets home from work at 10:00. That's when I've always had problems in the past.

So both anchors are ordered and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival. Are you thinking about what your anchor might be? Cathy's is a piece of jewelry that says, "Believe." I'm glad she's believing that life can be different...I'm believing it, too!
God bless...

Loved this post, Karyn!
ReplyDeleteHere's my random comments...
-Scallops? Now that's something I've never had. How do you cook them? Are they really "fishy" in flavor?
-The anchors are perfect! Especially the necklace. And I too, struggle with late night eating. My husband works 16 hour days on Mon, Tue, and Thu. The evenings, after the kids go to bed are the hardest. I've just learned to go to bed earlier. That way I don't eat and I have enought sleep to get up early and go to the gym. :)
Keep up the good work...even if you think it makes your blog boring. hee hee.
p.s. it's not boring by the way. :)
Hi Karyn!
ReplyDeleteI love your anchors. I think it's such a great idea I've been searching for some kind of anchor for myself. I love the necklace!
Don't think your consistency is boring. It's being consistent and that's what we need, right?
I love reading your blog. Keep it up!
God Bless!
Cheryl
Hey ladies! Thanks for the encouragement! And Cheryl...you're absolutely right. What we're striving for is consistency!
ReplyDeleteI'll let you know when my anchors arrive :-)
And Amy...scallops are really yummy! Not really fishing tasting. My favorite seafood, actually. I just us non-stick spray in my frying pan and cook them for about three minutes. In the old days, I'd use butter...but it also tastes good without. Sometimes I cut up grapes and throw those in there. Really good! No fat and really low in calories. I eat half a bag of frozen scallops as one serving at 180 calories.
Have a great Friday!
Karyn, glad to hear just each day is a day closer for you to goal. You're doing awesome. A gal in my TOPS chapter gave me an angel some time ago to remind me of my commitment. I'm going to have to pull it out as my anchor. I don't think your blog is boring, just knowing that you succeeding is important for you and for us that are trying to travel down the same road. Like you said once you get into the groove habits and patterns are set. My daughter pointed out in her blog www.immyfavorite.blogspot.com some of the reasons why it's a little easier as you get into the program. Oh by the way, Zumba is a latin-beat exercise class with various steps that get you moving and make you sweat profusely (a good thing). Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the necklace! I thought about doing a bracelet with charms on it to remind me of accomplishments, but I wouldn't wear it all of the time, so I am not sure how practical that would be.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so wonderful and I am so happy for you!
Karyn, I love the anchors!!!! I'm still enjoying my ring. I've been away from the blogs for a while and I'm trying to catch up now. It's amazing the difference it makes! I went away this past weekend with some girlfriends, and sorry to say, fell so hard off the wagon that I'm still seeing stars. It is taking longer than I wanted to get up and dust off my britches, but I have lost a couple of the pounds i gained. It was a four-day trip, and we had some pretty wicked snacks. I didn't beat myself up over indulging, but it's time to get down to business and climb back on that wagon. Your blog helped, and your specific mention of my anchor was just the push i needed. Right this minute I'm going to put away this bag of roasted peanuts (bought while in the mountains on the trip) and get them out of my sight!!! Bless you as you continue on your journey, and don't ever think for one minute that it is boring. now i am inspired to get busy on my blog (and my journey!) again. :-)
ReplyDeleteHey Cathy! Nice to see you back. I've been checking in on you hoping you were having a good time with the ladies!
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right...don't beat yourself up. It's a new day and you totally get a mulligan! :-)
I'll be watching for your posts. Have a great day!