Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Need a Plan! (Day 86)

Kind of a stressful day today. Stayed on plan, though. 1,200 calories with alot of water. A fair amount of walking, but probably no bike tonight.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about all that I've got coming up in the next few weeks. A work conference in Indiana from this Sunday through Tuesday. And then Bill and I leave on Saturday for a 10 day trip to Las Vegas / Grand Canyon. Then I'll be back at work for a day, and the next day I have jury duty!

For someone who takes a lot of comfort in routine, the next few weeks are going to be anything but. I'm not too worried about staying within my calorie limit. But all that restaurant food is going to be so high in sodium, and I know I won't be able to drink as much water because I doubt there will be a bathroom around every corner.

I'm going to try and figure out some kind of plan to deal with all this. For now, I just feel tired and ready to sack out. Here's hoping for a happy Friday!

Good night and God bless...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I get the gotta plan thing. If I can't have routine, I want a plan! I would suggest maybe planning on doing some basic exercises while you are off routine. Pick some stuff like crunches and push ups to do before bed, maybe some lunges or non weighted squats in the morning. Just make a routine for yourself and it should make you more comfortable and feel more in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you know you need a plan shows me that you will have control over the situation. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be a breeze for you, Karyn!
    Eat lots of veggies. Be specific when you order at a restaurant. Drink as much water as you can. And I think the idea Shane gave your for doing some exercises is great!
    You'll be fine, really! :)
    My only question...are you going to be able to keep up on your blogging? I'll miss you if you don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karyn, thanks for following me and giving me so much encouragement. Planning for the events you've described will definitely be a challenge but just think how marvelous you will feel when you've done this and been able to follow it. One big key for me would be to ensure I keep up with exercise, water (drinks lots so your full) and veggies. Be positive and you'll be fine! And enjoy Las Vegas/Grand Canyon

    ReplyDelete