Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bearizona!! (Day 99)

Well, we've settled in for the night at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.  We will be here until we fly home on Monday morning.  My nephew Stephan and his fiancee Lisa will tie the knot on Sunday.  We're looking forward to a great wedding and some awesome time spent with family and friends!

We just realized today that we've put 1,300 miles on the rental car!! That's a whole lot of God's country that we've had the pleasure to experience and enjoy.  In fact, we were so taken with the scenery that we missed our turn-off in Kingsman, AZ where we were supposed to head north back to Vegas.  Instead, we couldn't stop laughing when we passed the "Welcome to California" sign!  We ended up in the middle of the Mojave Desert with under half a tank of gas.  So to be more accurate, I was laughing...Bill didn't start laughing until we found a gas station! ;-)

We also took in a really cool drive-thru wildlife park called "Bearizona!"  Very fun and got up close and personal with some gorgeous creatures.

It's hard to believe in light of the mileage we're putting on the car, but we have really been doing tons of walking.  And I only had 750 calories today.  Sheesh!!  I'm gonna go have a plum as soon as I post this!

Here are a few photos from Bearizona.  Should have some up from Vegas in a day or so.

Even though we are having a fantastic time, I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you.  I'm serious when I say that you have all been in my heart and in my prayers!

God bless...

Bearizona!!

Some kind of cool sheep!
Baby Bear...I think it might be Boo-Boo!
Bill and his new friend!
My friend, too!
Who wouldn't want dinner here??

4 comments:

  1. A side trip to California, ey? Great story and love all the pictures. It sounds like you and Bill are enjoying your time away. Have fun in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is all that!
    Wonderful times - thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a drive thru safari here and I love it! Glad ya'll are having a good time on the the vacay. Sure sounds like you are still spot on in your lifestyle change. Love the story about the Mojave Desert. I would have laughed after we had a full tank too.... must be a guy things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing...and I wasn't even in the car with you! What a great story!
    I'm so glad you're having a fabulous vacation!
    And I'm giggling about the roadkill cafe. Did you really eat there?
    My Mom used to get such a laugh over the "menu" that she found online one day and had to print it out and show it to the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete