Thursday, October 14, 2010

Forks & NSVs (Day 93)

Truckin' along on day 93.  1,075 calories, with a whole bunch of w & w [water & walking] ;-)

So I had an interesting NSV today. I sat down at the dining room table this morning and realized that I was eating with a regular fork.  It wasn't a plastic fork.  And come to think of it, I've been using a regular fork with my meals for at least a few weeks now.

So you might be thinking, "what has that got to do with anything, and why is it an NSV?"  Well, I'm glad you asked.

I always buy plastic forks because it's just easier.  They're relatively cheap and you can grab one, eat your meal, and then throw it in the trash. No yucky, dried food to have to wash off the forks.

So it was interesting for me to realize I wasn't using the plastic forks anymore.

It's just another one of those areas of my life that are just automatically improving because of the good choices I'm making for my health. I've developed really good habits in my food choices and in exercise. And almost as a chain reaction, I am watching much less mindless television.  I do much less procrastinating, and tackle tasks when I see that they need to be done. I'm spending much more time in conversation with God, and much more time cleaning and grooming and reading and writing.

For me, using all those plastic forks was just me being rather lazy. But without even making a conscious decision, I'm using stainless steel forks...I rinse them off when I'm done, and put them immediately in the dishwasher.

These new, good habits are a direct result of this weight-loss journey...thus the classification of non-scale victory!

And the best part is that I'm no longer contributing unnecessary garbage to some landfill somewhere!

Tomorrow, TGIF...and then VACATION!!!

Hope you have a fantastic Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. I get that NSV! I never did that, but I related to what you were saying in terms of doing things that need to be done rather than procrastinating till "later" to do them. Have a great Friday and a blast on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trickle down effect ... amazing!

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete