Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Painted Desert & Grand Canyon! (Day 97)

I can't even tell you how awesome this vacation is!  Can't believe how fast it's going by!

Day 4 found us at The Petrified Forest National Park, which contains the amazing Painted Desert.  We ended the day at sunset at the Grand Canyon.  We have some awesome pictures from the digital camera, but I think the best pictures will be the works of art that Bill has been taking with the 35mm.  Can't wait to get them developed.

Did a better job drinking water today. I was seriously starting to feel dehydrated.  1,045 calories, and mega, mega steps! I brought a pair of jeans with me that I couldn't quite fit into when we left Chicago.  I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll be able to wear them this Saturday.  We'll see!!

Here are a few pictures from The Painted Desert and The Grand Canyon...enjoy!!

The Painted Desert

The Petrified Forest
The Painted Desert

The Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon at sunset

3 comments:

  1. Now that is God's fingerprint right there Karyn. Gorgeous stuff. I want to hear bout those jeans this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I've always loved the natural wonders. Sounds like you're having a great time. When's the wedding?

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Definitely next on our list for a road trip :-) SO very proud of you and inspired by you, have a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete