I'm going to have to start setting the alarm clock for the morning. Today was the third time in the last week or so that I actually slept until almost 7:00 AM. I'm generally thrilled if I can make it past 4!! I can't begin to express how good that feels.
I had some things that I needed to take care of at work first thing, so I started out the day in a rather rushed fashion. I decided that I could either make breakfast or lunch, but didn't want to take the time to do both. So I figured I'd make lunch and then stop at McDonald's on my way in to get an Egg McMuffin for 300 calories. I haven't done that in weeks because those little babies have nearly 900mg of sodium. So I didn't feel very good about that choice.
Instead, I ended up just making two sandwiches (low sodium oven roasted turkey breast on a whole wheat english muffin with a slice of swiss cheese). I also grabbed two plums, two bottles of water, and then scooted out the door.
I ate one of the sandwiches and one of the plums in the car on the way to work. A rather unconventional breakfast, but at only 290 calories, I felt really good about my choice. By the end of the day, I had lots of water and 1,105 satisfying calories.
I've been toying with the idea of doing a liquids-only fast one day per week as part of the 8-week Bible study that I'm doing with a couple blogging friends. I was going to try that today, but with the crazy start to my day I completely forgot about my plan. Since I've been hanging out around 1,100 calories a day lately, I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.
Anyway, the plan for the rest of the evening is to finish today's study, and go upstairs to see if I can find something to wear to my nephew's wedding. And I also need to figure out how to set the alarm clock! ;-)
Wishing you all a happy tomorrow...good night and God bless...
Karyn, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite blogs to read! I find it funny that you talk about setting an alarm. Somewhere along the way I went from the guy that could get up 5 minutes before i needed to leave to being the guy that requires an hour or so. Buuut I never need an alarm anymore because any time I get up past 5:30, regardless of what time I went to bed, is amazing. I am fascinated with your calorie count. I have not officially lowered mine to 1500 yet but have been experimenting with it and I seem to not be hungry per say, but just a nagging need to eat. Do you get that at 1100? I wonder if mine is more mental now and if I should maybe just do 1500 and get used to it.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I think fasting once a week (liquids) is a great idea - It really helped jump-start my weight loss.... but more than that, it taught me that I can skip lunch and not die from hunger!
ReplyDeleteLots of people to an Alternate Day Fast - with no problems!
Hey Shane...I'm totally loving your blog, too! You make me smile! ;-)
ReplyDeleteAbout the calories, I've kept it under 1,500 from the beginning of this (I actually think we started our journeys within a couple days of each other.) I really haven't made a conscious effort to be around 1,100...I've just noticed it happening. And since the beginning of this, I really haven't experienced much hunger at all. 1,500 per day is still my limit, though.