Saturday, October 9, 2010

Out of My Comfort Zone...(Day 88)

A quick post after a long and busy day. 

Stuck to the plan like glue...a really good day.  We got all the running around done that we wanted to do.  I still have to finish packing for my Indiana trip, and Bill's packing now for Vegas because he won't have much more opportunity to get it done during the week.  We just figured out that we'll need to make a trip to the mall in the morning for a couple things for Bill.  All his jeans are pretty beat up, and he needs a new dress shirt and tie for the wedding.  I think his ties are all about 100 years old! At least they look that way! ;-)

And in case I don't mention it enough, this is one special guy I'm married to.  The last thing he did before we came home from our errands and church was to top off the gas tank in my car.  Then when we got home, he checked the oil, topped off all the fluids, and put a bunch of spare stuff in the trunk in case I have any problems on the road during my two hour drive to Granger.  He pretty much thinks of everything, and I'm so grateful.

Hopefully the good habits I've developed over the last three months will help me navigate the next three days, as they will be completely out of my routine comfort zone. I'll try to rely on the basics...calorie counting as best I can, water, and whatever exercise I can get in.

And hopefully I'll be able to blog each night.  I think the hotel I'm staying at has wifi, so that will help.

Hope you've all been having a good weekend!

Good night and God bless...

3 comments:

  1. Karyn, Bill sounds like a wonderful man. I hope you have a great time on your trip. Getting away from your normal routine will be a bit of a challenge, but I believe you are well prepared with all that you have learned over the last few months. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the faith in the world in you for this trip, so don't even fret. Just do some basic exercise stuff, walk, do some crunches or sit ups, lunges, stuff like that. you can do those before bed or when you wake up, just whenever and it keeps the streak alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karyn - I'll be praying for your safe travel, as well as your good habits! You'll do great, I have no doubt.
    Bill sounds just like Troy! And it feels so strange to hear you talking about Indiana. I'm really excited to be there in a few months and I really hope we can get a chance to meet. :)
    Enjoy your Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete