It's 11:00 here in Indiana and I just got back to my hotel room. It's been a long, but very rewarding day. Learned a lot from other communications professionals, and I look forward to learning more tomorrow.
Breakfast at the hotel was no problem...fresh fruit and an english muffin. For lunch, they served mexican food and a nice salad. I had some salad and some grilled chicken and beef, with onions and green peppers. I skipped the tortillas, sour cream, and cheese...I'm sure I had no more than 250 calories.
For dinner, we went to Gino's East. Chicago-style pizza?!?! Are you kidding me??? Not just that...but appetizers, too!! Beautiful brushetta and mozzarella cheese sticks. 3 large deep dish pizzas...spinach, meat lovers, and pepperoni for 13 people.
No...actually for 12 people because I ordered a small salad and a grilled chicken breast. The conversation was fantastic, and I enjoyed my dinner very much. As I passed the plates of food to the people next to me, I couldn't help but think about how far I've come. Someday I'll be able to enjoy a nice slice of Chicago-style pizza. (If you've never had the pleasure, it's pretty close to being a slice of heaven!) But for now, the number on the scale and the way I feel when I walk up a flight of stairs is much more satisfying than that pizza could ever be.
I really miss keeping up with the many blogs that I follow. Right now, sleep seems to be the better idea so I won't nod off when I drive home tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to catching up with all of you when I get back to Chicagoland.
For now, though, good night and God bless...
I love the scene you paint of ordering off the menu rather than indulging because the pizza was there! I love hearing about conscious decisions made to not indulge! It is so affirming. Let me ask you this? Did you think in the back of your head "it would be great to have that, but then I would have to admit on my blog i did it" ? That is one of my motivating factors when I make those decisions.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Karyn, that's determination! The slice of pizza can wait, it will be there anytime in the future, for now your focus on the plan is all that matters.... kudos
ReplyDeleteGlad you had other options for dinner but even if you didn't you'd probably find a way. Glad you are having a successful conference.
ReplyDelete~Sheilah