Monday, November 1, 2010

Sleepy on Day 111...

So very tired. It's been a really long day, and I can't seem to stop yawning. And the rest of the week looks like more of the same, culminating with another two-day conference in Indiana this Thursday and Friday. I may fall into bed Friday night and not get up until Monday morning! Now THAT would be heaven!

1,305 calories today, and 80 oz. of water. I feel like I'm on cruise control...slow and steady.

I can't imagine ever going back to living the way I used to. In the back of my mind, I think I've been afraid that it was the other girl who was the real me.  That for the last 3 1/2 months, I've just been pretending to be someone I'm not. That one day, the real me...the undisciplined, indulgent, and lazy girl...will re-emerge.

But I'm beginning to believe with my whole heart that that's not true.  This girl...me today...this is who I really am. This is the girl who will survive, and will be standing at the end of the day. This is the girl who's loving and trusting God with every fiber of her being. This confidence and assurance feels really, really good and I have every intention of getting used to it.

But for tonight, I can't keep my eyes open any longer so I'm going to go up to bed and wait for Bill. Wishing you all a super Tuesday.  And don't forget, if you don't take the time to vote on Tuesday, then you have no right to complain on Wednesday. No matter who you support, the best exercise you will get tomorrow is when you exercise your right to vote! ;-)

Good night and God bless...

1 comment:

  1. This could have been my post Karyn! I have had the same fear, waaaay in the back maybe, but it has been there on more than one occasion. I catch the smell of my Burger King and for a second long for that taste of the trusty Number 1, and then wonder, will I break down one day and cruise through the drive thru and lapse? I more and more have began to believe the answer is no, I will not. I have so many times fought off the temptations that before, once I got the idea in my head, it was decided, no matter how much I "fought" it. I hated that about me, when I would decided I wanted (insert food here) but then would say "no Shane, it is stupid and you are full , so just don't do it", knowing that the battle was lost, it was just a time factor really. I hated that about me, and now that is gone! I too trust and believe in my heart that God has taken it from me because I asked. Ask in His name and it shall be done!

    ReplyDelete