And so the transformation continues on day 114.
I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work and I feel so much better now that I have replenished my supply of tried and true foods. I missed my eggs this morning. I was rushed and didn't want to take the time to make oatmeal. Truth be told, the thought of oatmeal just wasn't doing it for me. So while I was making my lunch, I slapped a slice of low fat mozzarella on a wheat pita and called it breakfast. Between that and several bottles of water, I was just fine until lunch.
I seriously missed my eggs, though, so that's what I had for dinner. ;-)
I'm sitting here content and happy at 1,010 calories. I'll finish this bottle of water and pop one more open and we'll call it 80 oz. I've been following along with those of you who are doing Allan's DDDY and I know that 80 oz. pales in comparison to some of the totals I've been reading about. Some of you folks are totally floating! Kudos!
I decided that I'm a pretty firm believer in the concept of, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." So I'm gonna keep truckin' along just as I am as long as things are going in the right direction. I need to up the exercise because I've been slacking off in that department a bit. Truthfully haven't been on the bike since right before I left for Vegas. So we're going to spend some time together tonight.
But the food and water stuff seems to be right on track.
More importantly, my head continues to be in a really good place. I actually had some interesting thoughts when I was at the store. I very rarely grocery shop alone. Bill and I almost always go together on Saturday. It's something that we enjoy doing together. Anyway, tonight as I walked the aisles, I found myself looking at some of the foods that were so seductive and enticing just a few months ago. Ice cream, carrot cake, chocolate, breads, pasta. I realized that I could put a pile of them in my cart and no one would ever know. I could have the most incredible binge and there would be no one in my life who would be the wiser.
I actually laughed out loud. Because there was not one fiber of my being that wanted to do that...not one part of me that was even tempted to do that.
There is nothing on the grocery shelves or in the fast food joints that could make me feel as good as today's weigh-in. I KNEW I felt like I'd lost weight this week. Seriously didn't expect 5.5 lbs., though! There has been only one other week on this journey that logged a loss that high for one week, and that was very early on. I really do think I have to give credit to the water...definitely going to keep that up!
So on day 114, I have officially lost 53.5 lbs. I think I'll keep going...so happy you guys are going with me!
God bless you all!
WOW! That is super awesome! You and I are really going right along in parrallell! I am day 112 and have lost at least 55 pounds and will find out tomorrow how much more I have lost. So we are symbiotic apparently! Great to have a partner like you!
ReplyDeleteYou rock, Karyn. Congrats on passing that 50# mark. You are truly an inspiration. There is someone that would have known about the rhetorical binge you'd never face in reality and that's you ... but that'll never happen with the NEW Karyn.
ReplyDelete~Sheilah
50 something!!
ReplyDeleteWow!
A great mile stone!
A *smile* stone!
WOW, Karyn! What a huge loss! You so inspire me. Congrats!
ReplyDelete