Well, it's nearly 9:00 and I just got home from work. And I'm not finished yet. And I have to go in tomorrow for a while. Not the best way to end the week. Hopefully I get caught up and get things more under control next week. A girl can hope, right?
While it was a pretty stressful Friday, I was able to take it all in stride. And speaking of stride, I got some pretty cool athletic shoes and I'm enjoying the heck out of them. They're the kind with a curved bottom that kinda looks like the bottom of a rocking horse. Know what I mean? They're supposed to tone your legs, so that will be wonderful. What I like most about them is that my knees don't bother me at all when I'm wearing them. I've really been able to pick up the pace when I'm walking and it feels so good. My daughter, Sabrina, suggested them and I'm so glad she did.
I had several conversations today with people making comments about how I look and asking me what I've been doing. Gotta love those NSVs! One of the guys I was talking to is one of our Pastors, and he lost 50 lbs. himself last year. It's an interesting bond that we form with others who have gone down the same road that we have. He was genuinely happy for me in a way that those who have never gone through the issues associated with being overweight can ever understand, as much as they might try.
For instance, Bill is unbelievably supportive, but sometimes he has a hard time getting what's going on in my head. Though he doesn't do it any more because he understands how serious I am, he just didn't get the idea that I can't ease up and relax my choices on special occasions. He would say things like, "order what you want tonight...you can always make up for it tomorrow." He has never in his entire life had a weight problem so he doesn't comprehend what a disaster that would be for me. He probably still doesn't understand, but now he's on board with me 100% and doesn't ever make suggestions like that anymore.
1,233 calories today, and I'm thinking around 64 oz. of water. I was really that busy at work that I didn't take the time to fill up my water bottle as much as I would have liked. I'll really make an effort to drink up to my eyeballs over the weekend.
OK...back to work. Hope you all had a great week...let's make good choices this weekend so we can face Monday morning without regrets!
Good night and God bless...
Water - it's a good thing all week - and the weekends, too!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one, eh?
Karyn, you are really on the express train! I enjoy reading your blog so much. I get excited when I see you have updated and click on it excitedly! I love that your hubby is totally on board. Kathy has slowly climbed on but still doesn't always get or sometimes gets frustrated when I make a choice like I am not going to eat that even though you cooked it. I make it a point to find out what is for supper and let her know what parts I won't eat so she fixes less of it, but she still gives me "that look" sometimes. Do you have trouble with weekends not having as much structure? I say trouble, I guess I mean an uneasiness really. I have times for everything during the week but the weekend that is free flowing causes me some grief. I don't go head over heels and go nuts or anything, I just get a uneasy feeling like something could topple me. We seem a lot alike, so I thought you would be the best one to ask.
ReplyDelete