Sunday, November 14, 2010

Crazy Busy on Day 123

We had a very busy Saturday.  Didn't get home until after 11:00 and blogging was out of the question.  I did NOT want to see the look on Bill's face if we walked in the door and I turned on the computer!! ;-)

My stomach wasn't feeling too well most of the day...I only had 435 calories with a fair amount of water.

We got together with our book club last night and that was awesome!!  Because life got in the way, we haven't met for the last several months, but we're back on track and it was the highlight of my week to spend time with these great friends! (Because we haven't seen each other in a while, there were LOTS of comments about my weight loss. Same thing at church...lots of dropped jaws!  Really love that particular NSV!)

The best part was seeing my buddy, Wayne.  I blogged about him a while ago.  He's been dealing with bladder cancer since early this year. It's been a rough go, but he's doing so much better right now and he looked FABULOUS! Wayne and Becky are the epitome of grace and faith under fire, and I feel so blessed to have them in my life. It's so easy to have faith and a positive attitude when things are all sunshine and roses, but staying strong through the dark times, that's to be admired.

Bill and I are about to hit Aldi, and then it's home for a Harry Potter marathon.  Most of the kids are big fans of the books, and we're all going to go see the next movie that's coming out Friday, on Justin's birthday. Bill and I haven't read the books or seen the movies, so we're going to try and catch up as best we can.  The ABC family channel has been playing the first four movies, so we have them all recorded and ready to go.  We watched the first one yesterday morning and we both really liked it!  From what I hear, the books are even better so I want to read them at some point, too.

Well, I just had some oatmeal and raisins for 215 calories.  We'll soon see what my stomach says about that!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!!

3 comments:

  1. Jaws are dropping all over town!
    Awesome!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn, my Saturday was a bit hectic too so there was no blog from me either. I will try to get a good post together for tonight. for now I am sneaking a break from homework to come see my bloggy buddies, like you! Great feeling to see someone who hasn't seen you in some time get all wowee on you. I saw my old neighbor when he bought his daughter over for Lauren's b-day party last night and he was like whoa, really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome for the NSV! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope it's not the tummy bug.

    And I can't believe you've never seen the HP movies! We love them all! I've read the books too. very good.
    So did you watch the first 4 today? You need to squeeze in 5 & 6 before you go see the new one in the theater. :)

    ReplyDelete