Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Have My Fingers Crossed! (Day 113)

Boy, I realized today that my kitchen is seriously depleted of most of my usual foods.

I think I'm still screwed up a bit from vacation. We went grocery shopping on Saturday, but I didn't take the time to check out my supplies carefully. I was pretty sure there were two egg cartons in the fridge, so I didn't get eggs. Turns out there was only one egg in the first carton, and 5 in the second.  So I ran out of eggs this morning.

I also thought I had bagel thins in the freezer (but I didn't).  Yesterday I ran out of string cheese and I'll use the last of my low sodium turkey breast tomorrow.

I'm going to have to stop at the store after work tomorrow...I don't think I can wait until Saturday. I've got this sweet little routine going, and I actually feel a little apprehensive and uncomfortable when I have to wing it. I was just thinking that I could stop at McDonalds in the morning for a 300 calorie Egg McMuffin, but just as quickly, I realized that I really don't want to do that. Surprising as it is, especially to me, fast food has virtually lost all its appeal for me.

I think we might have oatmeal in the pantry, so that's the plan for the morning. And then turkey and tomato on a wheat pita for lunch, along with an orange. I'll stop at Aldi and Super K-Mart on my way home, and then all will be right with the world.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day.  I'm feeling pretty good about it. This week I actually feel like I've lost a few pounds. 

I really think the water makes such a huge difference.  I had very little water on vacation, but I've been drinking like a fish since we've been home. I can definitely feel the difference.

All I need to lose is 2 lbs. and I'll be at 50 lbs. lost. Can't believe it! I've got my fingers crossed and I hope that's what I'll be able to report tomorrow...wish me luck!!

For now, good night friends, and God bless...

7 comments:

  1. best of luck tomorrow, I'm crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is sure key.
    And Aldi - never been there...perhaps I should try it!
    Good Luck tomorrow - no need for luck - you sound prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree about the water..makes a HUGE difference!!!

    crossing my fingers with you. How exciting!! Congrats on all of your success so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oatmeal...my favorite breakfast...especially with some banana sliced in it.

    Why is it that vacations throw you into such a loop? I hope life returns to nromal soon for you.
    In the mean time...hang in there. It sounds like you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karyn, I get the routines business believe me. I am now better at weekends, but the unstructured nature at first messed with me. And as for the fast food craving being gone, I guess for me, it pretty much is. I still catch a whiff of my Burger King cooking on the way home and it kinda stirs something inside me, but in terms of how it used to make me turn in and order, that isn't in me any more. In fact, if I begin to think about stopping at a fast food restaurant for a burger, I get a negative feeling now rather than a positive. I would call that a huge step!

    I will be thinking of you for your weigh in and pray for you two pounds lost! I am betting you will get it, as you are rocking along so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karyn,
    Even with low supplies in the house you have learned to make the healthiest of choices. Bravo! It is so exciting that you are this close to 50 lbs gone. I will cross my fingers too. It will happen very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karyn,

    The way you've been going, I think two pounds is in the bag. What a milestone. You have really worked your plan. It doesn't look like anything can stop you.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete