Friday, November 26, 2010

Survived!! Woo Hoo! (Day 135)

First of all, I hope everyone had a really happy Thanksgiving!!

I, for one, am thankful for so many things. God, family, friends, country, health, and every material thing that I need, and then some. I really and truly couldn't be more blessed than I am.

We had a really great celebration and I navigated it very well. We were crazy busy getting the house and food ready for the crowd to arrive starting at 3:00, and to be honest, I wasn't even very hungry. I had two eggs and a bagel thin for breakfast and that was it until we sat down to eat.

I had a couple ounces of ham instead of the turkey, some corn, green beans, raw veggies, and two bites of stuffing. That was it, and I was completely satisfied.  Actually ended up the day at under 1,000 calories.

Most of the leftovers went out the door with folks, especially ALL the stuffing. Kept a few things and some pumpkin pie for Bill but I should have no problems in the aftermath.

The kicker is that after a week of lots of activity, oceans of water, and low calories every single day, I only lost half a pound at yesterday's weigh-in.  Go figure!

Anyway, that puts me at 58 lbs. long gone and that rocks my world! 

I'm off to work this morning, and then back home to relax! I'm definitely staying out of the stores!!! Unfortunately, Bill has to work BOTH jobs today so we'll have to wait until the weekend to hang out.

Hope you have a great Friday...stay safe out there, k?

2 comments:

  1. Great Job Karyn! I was not so disciplined, so I am jealous! I wound up going over my bank by 1000 calories, but it was not like out of control eating, I just kinda allowed myself some stuff. I am now going to be keeping up the 5 miles a day challenge and adding cutting 250 calories a day from my bank for the remainder of the weekend. I have to say, I am not upset with myself. That is a kind big step for me. Anyway, I am glad you were a butt kicker this year and I am pretty sure your scale will cooperate next time around for sure. Do the work and you receive the rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You are owning that scale.
    And scaling down quite nicely!
    Even a little half pound....
    don't worry about that.
    It's just an adjustment.
    The dear thing has been through
    quite the Metamorphosis indeed!

    ReplyDelete