Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh Sleep...Where Art Thou?? (Day 132)

It's 4:30 on Tuesday morning and I finally gave up trying to go back to sleep.  Too much work to do and my mind won't shut up!  Deadlines are looming and will not be appeased without the greatest of effort, so I work.

On the way home yesterday I stopped at Fashion Bug. I was hoping to find something to wear for Thanksgiving. I found a jacket that I thought I might like.  It wasn't one of these baggy old things I usually wear. It was a fitted jacket. Even thinking about trying something like that on is a HUGE departure for me. I looked around and it didn't seem like anyone was paying attention, so I decided, "why not?"  And since I was in the mental place where I was throwing caution to the wind, I decided to see how far I'd have to go to get into the XL. 

I took it off the hanger and looked around again. I slipped on the jacket and was absolutely dumbfounded. This fitted jacket in XL was actually a little too big! So while I was still in the twilight zone and hadn't yet returned to reality, I decided to try on the Large.  Well, you can't live in a fairytale forever, I guess.  The Large wasn't quite closing in the front.  But it's not too far off.

So I left without anything.  But that's not actually true.  I left with a major boost in my self-confidence.  There will be a day in the not too distant future when I will be leaving plus sizes behind.

Remarkable!

For now, back to work.

Have a great Tuesday, all!

3 comments:

  1. Sweeeeeet! I had a similar experience the first time I tried on a XL shirt to "see how close I was". There was already some slack in it! I am starting to think I may wind up with a L on my shirt tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's so awesome, Karyn!
    But now the question is...what are you going to wear on Thanksgiving? lol.

    I hope you have a productive day today so you can relax and enjoy the holiday weekend work-free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the beauty of intention, I guess.
    Sooner or later it happens without our prodding!
    As for me, I work on TGiving....
    Someone, somewhere always needs a Nurse!
    Plus, I can't "do" turkey - allergic!

    ReplyDelete