I hate it when I miss a day of blogging. I actually don't think it's happened before other than the two times on this journey when I've been out of town. No real excuse for yesterday...the day just got away from me, and truth be told, I didn't remember until I was already in bed.
Yesterday I went in to work at 9 AM and ended up staying until 2:30 PM. When I got home, Bill had already eaten lunch so I made myself a quick lunch and then we did some bookkeeping stuff together.
Around 5:00 we decided to get some grocery shopping done. We'd also heard that Wal-Mart had a big sale this weekend on TVs so we decided to check that out. We have a 30" tube TV in our living room and for the last couple of months it's been doing this weird thing. You could be watching for a short time and everything is going along great. Then it just shuts off. There's nothing you can do about it but wait. After a period of time (anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes), it just comes back on. This could happen once during a session of watching, or it could happened 5 or 6 times.
So we've been trying to decide if we try and have it fixed (does anybody even fix these kind of TVs anymore??) I think it's around 9 years old.
I knew the shopping trip wasn't going to end up with a purchase even before we embarked because I know my guy. There's no way on planet earth that he would ever make a decision like this on the spur of the moment. All they had at Wal-Mart were flat screen TVs and we know nothing about them. And the salesman was talking gibberish! There was one I liked that I thought would work, but Bill said stuff about muddy colors and contrast and refresh rate. He lost me at muddy cuz it looked fine to me!
Anyway, I think we'll look at seeing if there's hope for our current TV, and that will give Bill time to hit the library and spend some time in the hog heaven of consumer reports. Thus, even though I'm a day late on my blog, I'm definitely not a dollar short...we kept ALL our dollars! ;-)
Truthfully, even though I'm more of a spontaneous shopper, I appreciate that he takes the time to be thoughful about our major purchases. Drives me crazy sometimes, but in the end, we almost always make good decisions and I know he's like that because he cares.
By the time we got home, we just chilled and caught up on some of the things we had recorded. (I think the TV only shut off once!) After three episodes of Cake Boss and once episode of Survivor, we were beat...we turned the clocks back and hit the hay.
It was a fine day in food and water land...no bumps, no bruises, no monkey wrenches.
Off to church...and then we'll see where the day takes us. Make it a good one, friends!
Watch out for Flying Monkeys an Flying Monkey Wrenches!
ReplyDeleteHave a great one, eh?
Bill sounds like Gary, always checking CR and reviews before making decisions on big ticket items. It's his thing and I let him run with it. The way things are today I would think you'd be putting too much into an old TV that you could put toward a new TV with better technology. Have a great Sunday, it should be a beautiful fall day.
ReplyDelete~Sheilah