Friday, December 3, 2010

Woo Hoo on Day 142

Man...didn't post again yesterday!! Sheesh!

I stopped working around 11:00 last night and I thought about it then. But I was just too tired and didn't have anything at all interesting to say. I need to have a back-up plan when that happens. Maybe I should just post my menu for the day. Not very interesting but it could fulfill the committment to post daily.

Anyway, this morning I DO have something to say!!

When I got up this morning, I just knew the bloating and hormone stuff had passed. I felt so much better and I could tangibly tell that I had definitely lost weight.

So I had skipped yesterday's weigh-in, but I decided not to wait until Monday.

I got on the scale and yep...4 more lbs. gone during the last week plus one day!! And during Thanksgiving week, no less!

I simply couldn't be happier. And I did learn something valuable with this mini slow-down. I learned that I was not as mentally prepared for a plateau as I thought I was. When I got on the scale the last couple of times and saw only a 2 lb. loss and a .5 lb. loss respectively, I was really, really bummed. I have been hyper-diligent on this journey and felt like I "deserved" better results.

But the truth is, I KNOW that I shouldn't let the scale determine my attitude. The hyper-diligence is for my health, regardless of what the scale says. I have always approached this with a life and death attitude. And, for me, this type of eating is for life, not some temporary thing I'm doing to get the weight off. Yes...at some point I'll be able to find a higher calorie level for maintaining the loss, but I'll never be going back to junk food, or to the unhealthy habits of old.

So as long as I've been diligent and haven't had a melt-down, what the scale says on any given week should not bring me down mentally. But it did, and I have work on that.

Anyway, 62 lbs. in the rearview mirror, never to be seen again! Woo hoo!!

Hope you all have an amazing Friday, and yes...TGIF!!

God bless...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Karyn, on the weigh in!

    Meant to say yesterday, I love Soul Sister! Great song just to make you feel good.

    I think posting menus is a great idea. I wish more people did that, including me. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't post menus because I eat just about the same thing every day.
    Makes me realize how boring my plan actually is!
    About the weight! WOW! and double WOW!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good attitude, Karyn. I have been reading your blog a bit and you are doing great! That's a whole lot of weight you have DROPPED! A whole lot! As for menopause, I sailed through it and was done at 50 but I had a baby at age 39 and doctors told me that might have made it easier- Mom did the same thing having babies at 40 and 41. As for menu posting, it becomes so tedious for me but I enjoy reading what others have eaten.

    ReplyDelete