Not much to report on Day 148. I've been super busy at work and it's taking about all the concentration I can muster. Once we get through this new website launch and I make a new hire in my department, I think things will level out. At least that's the plan.
As far as food and water goes, I continue to be on the straight and narrow path. I'm back on my Thursday weigh-in schedule, and I dropped another 3 lbs. this last week. 65 lbs. total now. My mini-goal to reach the 70 lb. mark by the end of the year seems totally achievable. That will be my Christmas gift to myself.
I am loving the place that food has in my life now. It used to have a place of honor. I thought about it way too much. And if I thought about it or happened upon it, I ate it.
Now food lives in the margin of my life. It's no longer front and center, on a pedestal of sorts. Rather, I think about food now as living in the toolbox in our garage. Literally. I visualize it that way and it helps keep things in perspective.
But the fact that I think about food as a tool to help make me healthy doesn't mean that I don't enjoy what I eat.
I absolutely loved the oatmeal and plump golden raisins with a sprinkle of splenda that I had for breakfast yesterday. And the chicken breast with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and baby snow peas that I had for dinner? It was amazing and I completely savored every single morsel. And as soon as I'm finished with this post, I'm going to have two eggs over easy with a wheat bagel thin and a dollop of all-fruit apricot preserves. I mean, seriously. How delicious does that sound??
The biggest lesson that I've learned on this journey toward a healthy me is that you absolutely, positively, beyond any shadow of a doubt, can change the way you think.
And this is the critical component to long-term, sustained weight loss that can't be overlooked or minimized. It isn't just exerting and exercising will power for a season. Looking at it that way comes with a sure-fire guarantee that the pounds will come back with interest.
This is all about changing the way we think about food.
For the rest of my life, I will be counting the cost and asking the question, "will this choice help me or harm me?" And asking that question gets easier every day. It becomes intuitive. The greasy, fatty, sugar-laden temptations of days gone by are so much less appealing when viewed through the filter of that question.
So that's today's food for thought. ;-)
Happy Thursday, folks!
Twins again.... and an awesome post.
ReplyDeleteNicely done!
good one. It helps to ask good questions. big believer...don't think I have been by here...great blog. Or I have been by before and you changed it on me..one of those. I will look see if I follow.
ReplyDelete