Well, Christmas has come and gone, and a wonderful time was had by all. The numbers are in from our Christmas Eve services at church. 11,838 folks celebrated with us this year, and a great celebration it was!
Then on Sunday, Bill and I had brunch with Amy from Begin Again and her family. We had the BEST time with Amy, Troy, Austin, Meghan, and Kaitlin, and I know that won't be the last time we'll get together. Troy's family lives in Indiana, so I hope we'll have an ongoing date every Christmas! And then there was the perfect ending to our weekend when the Bears beat the Jets on Sunday!
Christmas Eve with the family was fantastic, marred only by the fact that Sabrina wasn't feeling well and didn't join us. Food-wise, it was a little more difficult than usual to count calories because of the random array of choices, but I know I erred on the high side with my calorie-counting and just worked the plan. The best part is that I never felt deprived...I enjoyed the people around me, and loved every single thing that I did choose to eat.
We did end up with quite a bit of leftovers, though, and the last couple of days have been a bit of a struggle. Bill's making pretty good head-way, but there's still alot of cheese in the fridge and a beautiful array of crackers in the pantry. It's weird that the leftover candy, cookies, and pies aren't much of a problem at all...it's the cheese that's calling my name! So far I've ignored the call, but I think I may pack up the cheese and crackers and give them to the kids or take them into work.
I actually cheated and weighed myself this morning and I'm down two more pounds. I think I needed that little bit of positive reinforcement to help me ignore the cheese! ;-)
I'll do an official weigh-in on Friday...the last day of 2010. It will be amazing and emotional. I can't remember the last time that I approached the new year feeling so healthy and so incredibly optimistic.
Well, the day is young and there is much to do. Have a fantastic Tuesday, one and all!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm. . . cheese!
ReplyDelete