Work continues on the new website, and I got some news early this week that has both up and down sides. We found out that the company that's hosting our site will be off for the holidays from December 20th through January 2nd except for extreme support emergencies. Didn't seem like a good idea to launch during that time so we're looking at January 4th. On the down side, I had to go through and get rid of the things that won't apply anymore, but on the up side, we get an extra week to get ready.
I'm feeling pretty stressed and overwhelmed right now. When you work for a large church, it's going to be pretty stressful during this time of year...it goes with the territory. Add to that a new website and the resumes that are rolling in for the open position that I'm hiring, and it can keep you up nights! Focusing on the "reason for the season" has helped immensely these days. We have reason to celebrate and I'm determined not to let anything get in the way of that!
The very best part of all this is that there doesn't seem to be anything that can shake me from the foundation of this new, healthy life that I'm leading. The days of stress-eating are long gone. It's not like I want to indulge but I've been stopping myself. It's not even a thought that I have. There is absolutely no inclination to mindlessly reach for food as an emotional response. None. The word that comes to mind is "transformed." I've been "transformed by the renewing of my mind." Which points back directly to the reason we celebrate. Love the symetry!
I weighed in this morning and I lost another 2 lbs. this past week. 67 lbs. to date. Gonna break 70 by December 31st...that's the goal!
Hope you all have an amazing and adventure-filled Thursday!
Good morning and God bless...
Karyn, congratulations on another two pounds gone. You are doing fantastic! I love that you're feeling transformed and that you have such a strong committment to your healthy living. It sounds like a great place to be.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the new website for? Is it for your church? I can see that you are putting in a lot of work towards it. Good luck with the launch.
This is an amazing post! I love the tie in to transformation! and I love that you are so steadfast in our approach Karyn! I have gotten much better about not emotional eating. I still get the urge on occasions, but more so now, I usually respond to stress by wanting to go for a walk as soon as possible! It is great to have your mindset change to a need for exercise rather than a "need" for food!
ReplyDeleteStill checking in on ya - Hope all is well....
ReplyDeleteAnd you are having a Wonderful Holiday Season!