Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week in Review on Day 227

Such a crazy busy week.  And it's not even over. So much still to do before services tonight. But just one more week until help arrives!  Amy, the new hire for my department, starts a week from Monday. Can't wait, but I hope she enjoys crazy!

Just a 1/2 pound loss this week. So 90.5 gone. When you're being really diligent it's hard not to be disappointed with that, but the scale can be fickle. It's most likely hormones since my erratic TOM hasn't made an appearance in nearly 3 months and is probably on the horizon.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter.  Because one of the things that I finally realized this week is that when I get to the point where I don't feel like I need to lose any more weight, my life won't really be that much different than it is right now.

I think I knew that. I know that the healthy choices have to remain for life.  But I think I still had it in the back of my mind that at the end of this quest for weight-loss would be something different.  But the truth is that unless I get crazy serious about exercise, the difference between calories for reasonable weight-loss and maintenance aren't all that far apart. 

I think that's why the stats for people regaining their lost weight plus interest are so very, very high. They work hard and arrive, but then they think they can eat like they really, truly want with no reprecussions.

But that's simply not true. For people who have been food obsessed, and who have used food as an emotional response and salve, there is simply no going back.

Because while there will come a time when I will be able to be more relaxed and less stringent, there really is no end to this journey.

That makes the 1/2 pound loss much easier to take.

Hope your weekend is amazing, relaxing, and full of life-affirming choices.

God bless you all...

2 comments:

  1. Karyn, I hope Amy delivers the amount of help needed so things aren't quite as crazy for all. You have a great perspective about your journey and what maintenance will be like. I am as confident as you are that you will be one of the few that don't gain their weight back. How exciting. You are living a healthy life. I only wish that I can do the same. Have a great week Karyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 90.5 lbs....well woo hoo to you! Blessings back to you.

    ReplyDelete