Well it's been a pretty busy weekend. We had so many errands to run. It seems like they must have been piling up.
So here's the run-down on our stops: Aldi, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, J.C. Penny's, Sears, K-Mart, Menard's, the library, Michael's, and church.
That's some serious errand-running!! ;-)
Bill's outside right now trying to figure out what's wrong with the snowblower. It wouldn't stay running the last time he used it, and it's supposed to do a little snowing here in Chicagoland tomorrow. Today's just been rainy and gloomy. The good news is February's almost over so there's light at the end of the tunnel!
So while he's out there being productive I decided to do some cooking for the week. I just made him a batch of linguine, spinach & cheese tomato sauce, and garlic bread. For me, I cooked herb & garlic chicken breasts...enough to last the week. That little bit of planning and preparation will make next week all the easier for us.
Food and water have been spot on, with everything logged in. I've learned I still need to do the tracking thing. Maybe not forever, but for now it gives me comfort. I'm just not confident enough yet to keep the calories from creeping up unless I'm pretty strict with myself.
The main thing I've learned along the way is that weight loss really doesn't have to be all that complicated.
I set a calories per day limit in the range of 1,200 to 1,500, I drink in excess of 64 oz. of water, I avoid being a couch potato, I weigh-in once per week, and I do the introspective work necessary to figure out how I got this way in the first place so that I won't go back there again.
That's pretty much the extent of my plan, and it works for me.
Lots of walking this weekend with all our errands, and I'm feeling very spry. Bill's got very long legs that contribute to his 6' 4" height, so I used to really have to struggle to keep up with him, even though I'm pretty tall myself. 90 lbs. ago, keeping up was pretty hopeless. He always had to slow down for me.
Yesterday there were actually a couple of times at the mall when I got ahead of him! It felt so good that I wasn't being a limitation to him. That might be my very favorite part of the changes I've made.
Well, it's time to do a little relaxing before the weekend is completely over. We never did make it over to the nursing home to see my aunt so that's on the schedule for tomorrow.
Wishing you all a good week...one that brings you closer to where you want to be.
Good night and God bless...
Karyn, I have a long-legged husband to keep up to too, so I know what you mean - and I'm 5'5" -he's 6'1".
ReplyDeleteWishing a good week back to you too.