The scale was extremely friendly this morning.
A 3 lb. loss means I have lost 90 lbs. in the last 219 days.
So hard to believe. It's like 7 months is too short a time for my head to keep up with the changes in my body.
Clothes continue to be an issue. It's a good problem to have. It's actually funny how I always hid behind tent-like clothes in the past, but now I want my clothes to fit. I'm buying a few things here and there but I don't want to spend much money on clothes I won't be keeping. A new wardrobe will be in my future sometime this year, though.
And then there's the skin situation. It actually feels wrong to complain about it. It's just a reality I'm going to have to accept.
I've noticed an increasing amount of loose skin under my arms lately. I picked up some hand weights and am doing triceps exercises. I'll definitely be able to build some muscle, but I've been told that inevitably the only way to get rid of the skin will be with surgery.
I don't ever see myself spending money on cosmetic surgery. So it's a tiny bit sad that even when I'm finished losing weight I probably won't be comfortable wearing a tank top. Again, it feels wrong to complain when I'm so much healthier. What I'm experiencing now is the consequence for my own actions. It's a trade-off I'm happy to accept.
I won't accept it without a fight, though. I'm determined to figure out how to be as resolved about the whole exercise thing as I have been about getting control of my relationship with food. It won't eliminate the problem but I'm sure it will help.
Bottom line is we're all a work in progress. Physically, emotionally, relationally, spiritually. I have so much work to do.
Have a good weekend, friends. Good night and God bless...
Karyn, it amazes me that you and I are tracking almost identically in this journey! I am down 96 pounds in 217 days, I have mega clothing issues, refuse to buy too much until I level off, and the skin is getting to me too! I have heard that if you keep drinking the water and give yourself a year, the skin issue is not as great after you stop losing. I am going to try that before even considering surgery.
ReplyDeleteWow, you are doing fantastic and such an inspiration to people like me who have a lot to lose. I hear you on the skin thing. It might seem wrong to complain, but I totally know where you are coming from.
ReplyDelete