Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Was Cake Boss on Day 235

I've been totally having a blast this weekend.  For valentine's day, I told Bill that I would be "Cake Boss" for him.  He loves his sweets, and we both love watching Buddy work his magic on Cake Boss. So I thought that would be a fun gift that he would really enjoy.

So determined not to put it off any longer, I made Bill's indycar cake this weekend.  And it pretty much took the whole weekend!  90% of the cake is actually edible. I used a metal rod for the axles and washers for the hubcaps. And some of the Chevrolet details are printed off the computer. Can't eat those.

But the rest is homemade cake, frosting, or modeling chocolate (which Bill tells me tastes like tootsie rolls!)  The car is carved out of pound cake, and the base is carrot cake, yellow cake, cream cheese frosting, and the filling is cream cheese, bananas, and pecans.

Bill's really happy and said the cake is delish, so that pretty much makes my day.









Now I need to do some ironing and get ready for a busy week.  Amy, the new hire in my department, starts tomorrow so there will be lots of training going on.  Then I leave Wednesday afternoon for a two-day conference in Granger, Indiana, which further complicates the week.

No problems with food...totally on track. (I didn't even lick my fingers during my baking adventure!)  A little lax with the water this weekend.  The benefit to that is I was able to sleep better without having to get up two or three times to run to the bathroom.  But I'll get back on track tomorrow.

When I weighed in on Friday, I lost another 2.5 lbs.  To date?  93 lbs. Good stuff!

Wishing you all an amazing week, friends!

Good night and God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment