So my husband is a really sweet guy. Bill's not perfect, which works out really well because I'm definitely not either. But in terms of heart, he's got the biggest one around.
He knows I've always had this thing for coconut. I just love it. Pair it up with chocolate, and oh my gosh!
Well probably about a year ago we heard that m & m's made a coconut variety but we could never find them in the stores. Bill hates coconut, but he searched high and low for me because that's the kind of guy he is.
We never did find them, and then last July I started on this fantastic journey toward good health and I forgot all about them.
Apparently Bill didn't forget, though. Because when I came downstairs this morning to boot up my computer, there sitting on the keyboard was a lovely bag of coconut m & m's. He was at one of the stops on his route yesterday when he saw them and was so happy to get them for me.
OK...so this was a problem for me. I haven't had processed sugar in 217 days. Some sugar-free pudding and sugar-free fudge pops along the way. But no sugar. None.
So this began a day long conversation with myself. On the one hand, I absolutely did not want to eat this candy. I would feel like I was cheating. And the prideful part of me likes the fact that I've been so stinkin' disciplined. I like being able to say that I haven't had processed sugar in 217 days. And I could see the hundreds of days adding up and being able to say that I've been sans sugar for the last upteen years.
But on the other hand, I knew in my heart that Bill would feel bad if I didn't enjoy his gift. He would understand, but I think a part of him would be very disappointed.
He has been so incredibly supportive of me, and he let's me know all the time how proud he is of me. He has enough confidence and faith in me that he knows I can enjoy this little treat without it meaning anything more than enjoying this little treat. He knows it doesn't have to mean any more than that. He believes in me.
So what did I do? I ended the day at 1290 calories, and 210 of them were yummy coconut and chocolate. And I can't wait for Bill to come home so I can tell him how much I enjoyed the treat that he lovingly bought for me. And to thank him for having more faith in me than I had in myself.
Going to read some blogs and catch up with my friends. I like being back.
Good night and God bless...
Karyn, it's so nice to hear from you. Bill is such a thoughtful and caring man. He might have also had the same self conversation with himself. He might not have wanted to tempt you. Honestly, I like the decision you made. You have done an amazing job on your journey and have made stellar progress. Going a year or lifetime with no sugar sounds too strict to me,but to each his own. You have gained such strength on your journey that I am confident this treat won't derail your efforts.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I have never heard of this type of m&ms, but I know I would be a fan.
If you've been reading posts, you might know that I've stalled again. Don't worry though, it's all changing this week. There will be a loss on Sunday and hopefully many more to come.
Take care.
Hey Karyn! great to see ya back!
ReplyDeleteI have a thought on the M&M's... I wouldn't have the battle anymore with it. I kinda have adapted a WWTSPD attitude... "what would the skinny people do". I am not one, but I am trying develop their habits. A skinny person would have done exactly what you did. eat them, but that would be the end of it. and that is exactly what you did... hmmmm maybe you are a skinny person... haha.
I agree with Shane G. Good to see you back. And good about the sugar. And what a sweeet guy you have! It's good when people have faith in us!
ReplyDelete